Search Unity

Third Party Photon traffic per month or overall?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Olipool, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Olipool

Olipool

Hi all,

I just bought the PUN2+ plan for 100CCU and 0.3TB traffic.
    And because I am a bit overrun right now I get peaks of 140CCU and already used 4% of the traffic.

So my question would be, after 48h of the first peak over 100CCU it will get a hard cap and players won't be able to connect?
    And is the traffic reset every month or for the total 60 months? Because this won't be enough for sure. How about the next level with 500CCU and a price per month, is this traffic for every month?
    Sadly it is a free game and I can't afford going too much over the included traffic.

Thanks!

edit: so I decided to use one month of 500CCU, when do I have to cancel that, will it renew itself automatically? If I just want to use it for one month, should I cancel it today?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  2. tobiass

tobiass

Don't nail me on the specific wording (I hope it's correct) but this is how we handle it:

The traffic is per month and resets in each interval.
    This is the same for the 100 CCU and the monthly subscription.

You can modify and even cancel the subscription anytime and the CCU limit will be lowered immediately.
    The remaining fee you already paid, turns into credit on your balance (it's not paid out).

Payment and subscriptions are better discussed via mail (developer@photonengine.com), because we can then take a look at your numbers, etc. Also, here on the forum, only the client-dev team is active.

Congrats on being overrun. This is not the worst sign for your game. Hope you can turn it into long term success!

Olipool, Munchy2007 and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. Olipool

Olipool

Thanks, that is very good news indeed. The important thing to know is that I won't run out of included traffic at one point and have to pay on top of the monthly costs from that point on (while knowing I can run out of the included traffic inside of a month). So I can stay with Photon and don't have to code my own framework and server :D Everything is running very smoothly.

tobiass likes this.
  4. tobiass

tobiass

If you are worried about the traffic, keep an eye on it in the dashboard. If needed, you can optimize traffic to a point where it stays in the included range. The included traffic is not very tight to make you pay but we need one to make sure games behave within some range.

Good luck with your game! :)

Olipool likes this.
  5. Olipool

Olipool

Yes, I am looking at the dashboard every day haha it is nice to see how many players there are.
    And you are right, the traffic has to have limits and yours are very generous and will be more than enough for me.

tobiass likes this.