Search Unity

Third Party Photon PUN - When using a LAN server, the game logic does not progress to the lobby scene.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by RaikuKawisa, Nov 21, 2018.

1. RaikuKawisa

RaikuKawisa

So I've been developing a game and it needs to be able to be played on a local game. I've been using the default server logic for most of the development and now need to get it to work with a LAN server. I am mostly sure I set up the server properly but when I try to plug in the server IP and port and take it off 'Use Name Server' the game says that it finds the server and tries to connect, but it does not fully go through the logic.

The Console Outputs the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Connect()
    2. CSharpSocket: UDP, Unity3d.
    3. IPhotonSocket.Connect()  (The IP Address) this.Protocol: Udp
    4. queueIncomingCommand() CMD(6 c#:0 r/u: 1/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) channel seq# r/u: 0/0
    5. Connected to masterserver.
    6. queueIncomingCommand() CMD(6 c#:0 r/u: 2/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) channel seq# r/u: 1/0
    7. OpAuthenticate()
    8. queueIncomingCommand() CMD(6 c#:0 r/u: 3/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) channel seq# r/u: 2/0
    9. PUN Basics Tutorial/Launcher: OnConnectedToMaster() was called by PUN
    10. OpJoinRandomRoom()
    11. queueIncomingCommand() CMD(6 c#:0 r/u: 4/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) channel seq# r/u: 3/0
    12. PUN Basics Tutorial/Launcher:OnJoinRandomFailed() was called by PUN. No random room available, so we create one.
    13. OpCreateRoom()
    14. queueIncomingCommand() CMD(6 c#:0 r/u: 5/0 st/r#/rt:0/0/0) channel seq# r/u: 4/0
    And then it stops and does not move the player to the lobby scene which it does properly when I connect to the default servers.

Also, unrelated to the current issue, I also need to allow the game admins to change various settings of the game and was curious what would be the best way to go about this. Is there a way to set it on the server? Or should I have a hidden game client with special functions?

2. tobiass

tobiass

3. RaikuKawisa

RaikuKawisa

Sorry for not replying. I never did get the system to work, but the client decided we didn't need it, but thanks for the response.

4. tobiass

tobiass

Thanks for the update.