Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Party PHOTON - OnRoomListUpdate() is NEVER called EVER!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Peteroid69, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Peteroid69

Peteroid69

This is what i am doing... and what is (not) happening...
    I create an application that has two buttons... JOIN ROOM and CREATE ROOM... and an indication if OnRoomListUpdate() is ever called...
    i run two identical copies of the application... with one of the running applications i CREATE a room (with RoomOptions: IsVisible = true and Max Player = 4)... but the other running application NEVER fires OnRoomListUpdate()...
    and yet... with this other running application if i JOIN ROOM it joins the room the first one CREATED just fine ...
    note that since it is the same app it obviously has the same AppID... and i made sure the Room created has IsVisible set to true...
    also... the OnRoomListUpdate() callback is in the same class as callbacks like the OnJoinRoom()... which are called just fine...
    i am not entirely sure what constitutes a 'lobby'... i thought as long as i can CREATE a Room with one app and JOIN that Room with another they must be in the same 'lobby'... but i never create a 'lobby'.... even though i have seen discussions where people talk about different 'lobby' TYPES...
    anyway... how do i get OnRoomListUpdate() to work/fire?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  2. Peteroid69

Peteroid69

RESOLVED: i had to add JoinLobby() to the code... now it works! :)

3. jackhetkey

jackhetkey

Where did you call JoinLobby()?

4. kherxin

kherxin

Yeaa I also encounter this problem, where did you call the PhotonNetwork.JoinLobby()?

5. tobiass

tobiass