Search Unity

Third Party [PHOTON] How to synchronize animations without using parameters and transitions

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by matreusz4, Sep 21, 2021.

1. matreusz4

matreusz4

Hello. In my game I have really lots of animations. I found it better and easier for me to use animator.Play() or animator.CrossFade() in script instead of doing lot of trasintions and parameters. But so far as I noticed from tutorials, I can synchronize animations only by setting an parameter to synchronize, if I want to use Photon Animation View.

Of course, I have parameters to decide when to play the animations, but these are things like "whether he presses 'W' and the left shift" than "whether is running".I just don't have the parameters set in the animator.

So, do I have to rebuild my code and make animations play by parameters or there is any other solution? Each player object has a ChangeAnimationState () method. Couldn't I pass information from it describing the state of the current player to other players?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  2. saikarthi

saikarthi

I have the same question. if you found something let me know

3. furkankaya0

furkankaya0

Did you find the answer??? :)

4. mjkjx34

mjkjx34

Somebody?

5. tobiass

tobiass

If you say you want to play animations when something happens, then you already have some external "trigger" to play the animation. It should be possible to network synchronize those just fine. It's just that the PhotonAnimatorView is not the suitable component to do this.

To a degree, PUN 2 expects you to come up with your own components that implement IPunObservable and then send whatever data you need synced (e.g. key presses). So .. go that route. It's not terribly complex.

An example is in the PUN Basics Tutorial ("Health Synchronization"). It's also mentioned in the getting started section.