Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question [Photon] How to get player count externally, using HTTP?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by darceyo, Jan 15, 2024.

1. darceyo

darceyo

My idea is to make web dashboard for each of my game, and i want to load total player count for each.
    For example, i should to send HTTP request to Photon and get my players from my Photon App.
    Is there way to do it?
    upload_2024-1-15_21-3-18.png

2. tobiass

tobiass

We don't provide the counters via HTTP for the Public Cloud, sorry.
    What is the idea of this?

3. darceyo

darceyo

My idea is to make web dashboard for each of my game to view players of each game. (Each game have it's own App ID.) I mean not server players, but total players of some App.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  4. darceyo

darceyo

ok, is that possible to make quick connect in-game? i mean like connect , get player count, then quick disconnect.
    i think it will not work if there full server?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  5. tobiass

tobiass

You could do that and have more fluctuation in the CCUs and plenty of players being reported as online but not even looking for matches.

I think you may want to reorganize your app. Use one AppId and a Lobby per type of game that can be played.
    You can get "Lobby Stats", so clients would know how busy each lobby is.
    If you search for a room per lobby, this makes your matchmaking basically as easy as if you split AppIds (which is at least a grey area in regards to our terms).