Search Unity

Third Party Photon Fusion

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ramonsmelo, Apr 5, 2022.

1. JamesBriggs

JamesBriggs

Heya, I'm currently implementing a Session List in a lobby and have the OnSessionListUpdated callback working which works for sessions which are created when the app is running, but its not fetching the sessions that were created before the app started running. I can't seem to find any GetSessionList() method or anything like that to fetch the pre-existing session list on initial connection so cant really get an accurate session list, do you have any advice for this?

Thanks,
    James

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  2. emreboran

emreboran

Hi
    How can I synchronize data in fusion?

3. ramonsmelo

ramonsmelo

We are going to double-check this.
    Thanks for your feedback.

--
    Ramon Melo
    Photon Team

4. ramonsmelo

ramonsmelo

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  5. JamesBriggs

JamesBriggs

Thanks Ramon! If there's any workaround you and the team can think of as well to get an pre-existing session list then I'm happy to hear any ideas too.

Cheers,
    James

6. tobiass

tobiass

We release another sample: Fusion Golf

The sample demonstrates an approach on how to create an arcade golf racing game with a focus on physics, using a server authoritative, client predicted model. It features a session browser as well as direct connecting via room codes. Hosts can modify various game settings such as max time per hole, max shots, whether or not players will collide with one another, and if the session is visible in the session browser. The sample has an 18 hole course with various physics-driven objects such as cannons, spinners, boost tunnels, and elevator platforms.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  7. JamesBriggs

JamesBriggs

Heya! I fixed my issue, turns out I was adding the callbacks for the OnSessionListUpdated after the lobby join, rather than between the runner creation and the lobby join, so it didnt get that initial call. Just thought i'd say here in case it helps anyone else, thanks for the help!

Cheers,
    James

8. mohsin199236

mohsin199236

Hi, i am developing a simple racing game for WEBGL. I'm encountering some issues.

-When testing on my own system with multiple instances game runs fine on 2/6/8 player modes, but when i test it with remote players it start giving me errors.
    -Issues frequency increases in 6 and 8 player modes. In 2 player mode issues rarely happen. And when testing(2 player mode) with remote desktop user, issues vanish.
    -Players disconnect randomly with different shutdown reasons each time. DisconnectedbyPluginLogic, PhotonCloudTimeout, Error.
    -Sometimes upon entering a session player is instantly disconnected.

What i've done:

-Optimized my scene to around 300 batches.
    -Tried changing protocol from udp to tcp and websocket.
    -Studied fusion kart project to see if i'm doing something wrong.
    -Refactored my code to avoid abnormal behaviors when a user disconnects mid race.

Any form of help is appreciated.

@ramonsmelo

@tobiass WhatsApp Image 2022-10-06 at 3.01.55 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-10-05 at 6.28.26 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-10-06 at 3.01.55 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-10-06 at 3.06.59 PM (1).jpeg

9. ramonsmelo

ramonsmelo

@mohsin199236

For support, please send an email to developer@photonengine.com

In that email, please reply with the following:

- Which SDK Build are you using?
    - Are you using Shared or ClientServer Mode?
    - The full logs from your clients.

10. mohsin199236

mohsin199236

How long does it takes to get a response from the email you mentioned? I already sent an email

11. Ed-Musayelyan

Ed-Musayelyan

Hey guys! We are trying to implement host migration in our game and faced a problem with the host migration snapshot, which seems to contain only 1 networkObject no matter what.

Our level loading flow, after the room is filled with players is like that:

• Spawn gameplayContext (a network prefab with some top-level gameplay init logic) using Runner.Spawn
    • Load game level scene additively, then call RegisterSceneObjects for all scene networkObject
    • Spawn player character network objects for all players using Runner.Spawn
    So, this flow works fine and all the network objects are synced properly during gameplay. But now, when we are trying to implement host migration - the snapshot we receive always contains only 1 object (which is the first one spawned - gameplayContext, mentioned earlier).

So, the main question is - why out migration snapshot does not include most of the loaded objects, despite those objects being synced properly before host migration happens?

Maybe we missed some additional registration steps for those objects? Or do we need to call migration snapshot creation manually? (We are currently setting snapshot interval for 5 secs for testing purposes)

We are using fusion 1.1.3 build 589

12. JamesBriggs

JamesBriggs

Heya! I've got a vr app networked with Fusion Shared mode with meta avatars and about 30 grabbable objects with network transforms, It all works completely fine for about half an hour with ~10 people in it but then the network starts freezing up and stuff stops syncing or being able to be grabbed, suggesting lack of being able to access the network/request authorities. Are there any settings in the network project config that might be to do with this? Like it's exceeded the max amount of data or requests or something and locks up the server. It doesn't disconnect anyone from the server as it would do on an error, it just stops sending any new data or requests so it freezes everything up

13. ramonsmelo

ramonsmelo

We usually reply within 24h, as it depends on the team timezone and if there is any holiday or weekend in the middle.

valentin56610 likes this.
  14. ramonsmelo

ramonsmelo

You should be able to get all your NetworkObject just fine.

We suggest reading the Host Migration doc entry and the Sample code.
    • Can you check with the latest SDK Build 599?
    • When running the
      runner.GetResumeSnapshotNetworkObjects()
      in order to get the NO list, does it contain only 1 NO, in your case?
    • In order to get the list of Scene Objects, you must use
      runner.GetResumeSnapshotNetworkSceneObjects();
      instead. When running it, what do you get?

Ed-Musayelyan likes this.
  15. khanhdtc3599

khanhdtc3599

16. m00seCS

m00seCS

Is there a way to get Fusion to work for dedicated servers that don't communicate with Photon Cloud? Fusion looks appealing to us (we've even partially implemented it), but the ability for folks to set up offline LAN tournaments or community dedicated servers is important to the design of our game. Is support for that kind of thing planned?

17. Kamyker

Kamyker

No.

m00seCS likes this.
  18. ramonsmelo

ramonsmelo

Communication with the Photon Cloud is mandatory.

The Photon Cloud is also used for Matchmaking, connection handshake, as well as a relay service in case of direct connections are not possible.

We do not have plans to make Fusion available in an offline format at the moment.

m00seCS likes this.
  19. eli_123

eli_123

the link is broken

20. tobiass

tobiass

Thanks for the hint. We'll update the link.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  21. Shadowing

Shadowing

Everytime I try to join the discord server says invitation is invalid

Anyways having a issue with using Shared GameMode

runner.IsServer is returning false.
    I can't find any documentation on using shared mode?

Code (csharp):
    2.   async void StartGame(GameMode mode){
    3.       // Create the Fusion runner and let it know that we will be providing user input
    4.       _runner = gameObject.AddComponent<NetworkRunner>();
    5.       _runner.ProvideInput = true;
    6.       // Start or join (depends on gamemode) a session with a specific name
    7.       await _runner.StartGame(new StartGameArgs()
    8.       {
    9.         GameMode = mode,
    10.         Scene = SceneManager.GetActiveScene().buildIndex,
    11.         SceneManager = gameObject.AddComponent<NetworkSceneManagerDefault>()
    12.       });
    13.   }
    15.     void Start () {
    16.         StartGame(GameMode.Shared);
    18.     }
    20.     public void OnPlayerJoined(NetworkRunner runner, PlayerRef player)
    21.     {
    23.       if (runner.IsServer)
    24.       {
    25.            Debug.Log("test");
    27.     }

Edit: Oh I see I guess im wanting IsSharedModeMasterClient

is server is for if the client was acting as a server or if it was running on a server

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  22. Shadowing

Shadowing

How do I tell PhotonCloud to use a scene when the first person/masterClient enters
    Or how do I change scene I guess. Id like it to change scene before OnPlayerJoined is called.

Code (csharp):
    2.   async void StartGame(GameMode mode){
    3.       // Create the Fusion runner and let it know that we will be providing user input
    4.       _runner = gameObject.AddComponent<NetworkRunner>();
    5.       _runner.ProvideInput = true;
    6.       // Start or join (depends on gamemode) a session with a specific name
    7.       await _runner.StartGame(new StartGameArgs()
    8.       {
    9.         GameMode = mode,
    10.         Scene = SceneManager.GetSceneByName(GetRandomZone()).buildIndex,
    11.         SceneManager = gameObject.AddComponent<NetworkSceneManagerDefault>()
    12.       });
    13.   }
    Ahh i just read the tooltip saying setting scene doesnt work on Shared/photon Cloud. So idk how do you have it change scene then at start

23. Rashmika98

Rashmika98

Hi I have implemented a fusion code to enable an emote for the players in the game. At first, I did it with NetweorkMecanimAnimator as follows.

Code (CSharp):
    1. networkMecanimAnimator.Animator.SetTrigger("Emote");
    However it didn't work as only the emote was visible to the player who enabled it. Then I used Rpc call to do the same operation in there the emotes were visible to only host (Other players couldn't see the emotes including their ones).

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Networked(OnChanged = nameof(OnEmoteEnabled))]
    3. public NetworkBool isPressed { get; set; }
    5. [Rpc(RpcSources.InputAuthority, RpcTargets.StateAuthority)]
    7.     public void RPC_EnableEmote(bool isPressed, RpcInfo info = default)
    9.     {
    11.         Debug.Log($"Called by {Object.Id}");
    13.         this.isPressed = isPressed;
    15.     }
    Glad if anyone can help me with this.

24. Mike196

Mike196

Is Fusion the best system to use for a racing game with real physics and collisions or is Quantum better?

25. DeathPro

DeathPro

You can try to change line 5 "RpcTargets.StateAuthority" with "RpcTargets.All". It should work then. The final look for line 5 should be:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Rpc(RpcSources.InputAuthority, RpcTargets.All)]

26. N_Evan

N_Evan

Hello, I'm using Fusion for a small concept project where I need to spawn NPCs in sessions / game rooms and of course the NPCs of each room will be synced so that two players in the same room won't see NPCs at non-synced position. The pooling script is a network behavior, however when I try to get the reference of NetworkRunner and spawn an NPC by using Runner.Spawn, the Runner is always null. NetworkRunner is initialized in a previous scene and is persisting when new scenes are loaded. Maybe I'm missing something very silly. Some pointers towards the right direction would help a lot, thanks!

Edit: One possible way is to spawn NPCs along with the OnPlayerJoined callback but I want the NPCs to start spawning when the room initially starts. It should not be tied with the joining or leaving or other players.

27. Lukeesta

Lukeesta

Make sure you are using the runner.NetworkSceneManager to switch scene and not the regular Unity scene manager.

Is the pooling script part of a scene which has been loaded via the NetworkRunner? If it is a scene object it either needs to be a `NetworkObject` (add the component) or it should be a `SimulationBehaviour` instead of a `NetworkBehaviour`.

28. N_Evan

N_Evan

Thanks for the quick reply. My scene flow was,
    1. A lobby scene where the NetworkRunner is initialized with default parameters to join a common lobby.
    2. From the lobby players can create or join a session and is loaded into an empty loader / loading scene which is loaded through NetworkRunner.StartGame and a SceneController script loads rest of the scenes as per necessity (This is where I messed up I think as the SceneController here do not implement INetworkSceneManager and new scenes are loaded additively using UnitySceneManager here)
    3. The pooling script is in a third scene that is loaded additively and that scene is not loaded by the networkRunner. It is however a NetworkBehavior and has the NetworkObject component added to it.

29. N_Evan

N_Evan

Hello again. I am still having a hard time getting my head around the scene loading part using Fusion. The `NetworkRunnerHandler` script from Menu scene initializes a `NetworkRunner` with `NetworkSceneManagerDefault`. When a player joins a session, the `runner.StartGame` loads up the next scene via given SceneRef. This new scene loaded is empty and used as a base for loading up other necessary scenes (still trying to piece out if this is a good or even half decent way of doing this.).

After the new empty scene is loaded where do I go from here? The Scene Loading references provided still feels a bit vague and complicated, any pointers would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

30. aydin_khp

aydin_khp

Hi Ramon,

I am wondering how one could create a Global Network Object? Is a "Global Network Object" simply a "Network Object" with its DontDestroyOnLoad called or there is another way to create one? NetworkRunner has AddGlobal and AddOrGetGlobal methods which accept SimulationBehaviour but I don't think the network properties of a NetworkBehaviour would work if it gets added this way.

Look forward to your response.

Regards,
    Aydin

31. saiyank

saiyank

Can dedicated server be built for android? if yes, then can someone say how?

32. Lukeesta

Lukeesta

Yes you can build a server for android. However the platform is a bit limited:
    - You can't run it in headless mode as far as I know so there will always be graphics but you can just display a blank screen.
    - You cannot use the dedicated server target platform in the build settings. Just create a regular android build instead.

And then to start Fusion simply start the runner in Server Mode.

saiyank likes this.
  33. saiyank

saiyank

Thank you Lukeesta...
    then regular build with server mode, should that be put in server to keep that dedicated server for client mode builds to be connected under that? like the builds made for windows.

34. Lukeesta

Lukeesta

I'm not sure I understand the question. Regular builds should be used for clients. For servers on windows/max/linux use the dedicated server platform.

saiyank likes this.
  35. ramonsmelo

ramonsmelo

Hi Aydin,

Sorry for the long delay.

Yes, a "Global Network Object" would be just like any other `NetworkObject`, there is no special handling for cases like this. You just need to make sure it is not destroyed and you have only one copy of it.

The NetworkRunner.AddOrGetGlobal is used internally to run the internal Fusion components, but can also be used to run logic within the Runner itself.

36. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

Hi,
    I use Photon Fusion and Voice2 in Unity3d/Quest2 with metaAvatars.
    All works fine but when i use app i don't listen anything but see only lipsync.
    What can i do?

37. sakandar_geniteam

sakandar_geniteam

Hi, i'm working Pool game. i use Fusion and implement Host Client topology. i have only one player ball at runtime which is synced through network. At start, player one has its state authority. I have turn management mechanism thorough which input should work for the player who has state authority. Now, i want to change the state authority at runtime and assign it to the other player when his turn comes.

Please guide me how should i change state authority at runtime from Player 1 to player 2?

38. tobiass

tobiass

In Host Mode, the clients never get state authority. They can request Input Authority.
    So when it's some players turn, that client should request Input Authority.

39. AkilS1

AkilS1

Hi @tobiass , quick quesition - coming from a pun2 project - trying out the fusion package - Im not able to see any logs from the package - i.e - connecting to master server and connecting to room , etc -
    I have enabled logging to all in the photon settings - still I dont see any fusion logs - I see only my own logs.

40. tobiass

tobiass

Check the Fusion entry in the Main Menu. There is an item to toggle Fusion to the debug libraries. That hopefully gives more info. If not, let me know and I'll ping the colleagues to reply.

Somewhat off topic:
    When switching from PUN, I would recommend Fusion 2.x specifically. It has a much improved Shared Mode.

41. BarisCrk

BarisCrk

Hi, i am using Photon Fusion with Dedicated Server option.
    Everything is perfect except, my server gets ''Reason: PhotonCloudTimeout'' at random times. I couldn't find any documentation about it.
    Except Photon Pun Troubleshooting: https://doc.photonengine.com/pun/current/troubleshooting/analyzing-disconnects
    And Photon Realtime Troubleshooting: https://doc.photonengine.com/realtime/current/troubleshooting/analyzing-disconnects

But i think they are about Server-Client disconnects not PhotonCloudTimeout.

My server gets PhotonCloudTimeout generally there is no player in it.

I think my server has enough ram and processor power accourding this data below.
    Current FPS: 119 - Average FPS: 119
    Mono Memory: 18.0 / 18.1 MB (99.3%)
    Assets Memory: 611.8 / 751.0 MB (81.5%)
    System Memory: 31707 MB
    Graphics Memory: 128 MB

My Fusion version is: 1.1.8

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
  42. ramonsmelo

ramonsmelo

Hi,

The PhotonCloudTimeout might happen for different reasons but it means that either the peer (your Dedicated Server in this case) or the Photon Cloud could not communicate with that peer within a certain time, for Fusion, it is around 15 seconds of delay.

This is usually caused by a lack of internet connection or some congestion in the communication, which is out of our control. But, as stated on the linked page, it can also happen the main tread is handing for some other reasons (scene or asset loading, for example).

Those same instructions apply to Photon Fusion as well, as it uses Photon Realtime underneath.
    But Fusion already handles most of those scenarios automatically.

That is an interesting point.

If your server has been running for more than 24 hours without any cloud activity, such as players joining, it will be disconnected from the Photon Cloud. This is done to avoid maintaining unused resources.

If you are experiencing this issue, it is expected, and you will need to handle it on your side by restarting the server.

43. tobiass

tobiass

Where and how do you host the dedicated server?