Search Unity

Official Photogrammetry in Unity: Making Real-World Objects into Digital Assets

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by SebLagarde, Mar 15, 2018.

1. laurent-h

laurent-h

The ETA estimation is not always reliable. For example on my machine it gave me an ETA superior to 2 hours and the bake only took 50 minutes. I advise you to let it run one night so you can get a rough idea of the actual bake time.

2. keeponshading

keeponshading

Unity 2019.3.0f3
    I could rebake it in 5h 20 in Progressive CPU fallback.
    Quadro 8000 RTX 48GB can bake it on GPU in 40min. But it is not stable. Needed some tries.
    Quadro 6000 RTX 24GB crashesh to CPU fallback.
    Titan RTX 24GB crashesh to CPU fallback.
    GeForce RTX 2080 , 8GB crashesh to CPU fallback.

You can bake it with Bakery (DXR Mode) on all of these cards with (much) higher quality settings.

Quadro 8000 RTX 18min.
    Quadro 6000 RTX 20min.
    Titan RTX 19min.
    GeForce RTX 2080 25min

3. laurent-h

laurent-h

Thank you very much for the detailed information, this is really valuable.
    In the case of the Fontainebleau project the GPU lightmapper has currently an issue with it.
    There will be a fix in 19.3.0f4+ which helps baking using the GPU lightmapper on this project, and reduces also the baking time drastically (on gpu only).
    edit : edited this message because i've been told my explanation was wrong. The result is the same though, versions after 19.3.0f4 will make it easier and faster to bake using gpu lightmapper.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  4. keeponshading

keeponshading

thanks for the info. I dont´t give up trying.
    The underlaying memory management architecture and the overall principle from PLM needs an bigger overhaul
    towards divide an conquer.

Here an nice SG clone of the HDRP Lit with Bakery SH bake injection.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/bakery-gpu-lightmapper-v1-65-released.536008/page-76#post-5289132

Looks fantastic on Fontainebleau, Spaceship Demo and ArchViz Pro 6 and 7.

Give this guy some support to get an perfect HDRP integration.
    Without it i would not do how to perform the todays needed quality with Unity.

However. The 7.1.7 in todays Unity 2019.3.05f1 really rocks. Congratulation.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    laurent-h likes this.
  5. mueller_unity

mueller_unity

Hi,

I am new to Unity and I am very interested in the photogrammetry workflow.

I have some questions regarding the calibration/processing part since it confused me and it´s quite different from what I usually did before. I have a feeling that some information were missing. May I ask here directly to a Unity employee who is familiar with this part?

6. GWStudio

GWStudio

Hi ...
    I just downloaded the FontainebleauDemo .. the wind does not work i am using unity 2019.3.1f1 !?

7. christal-gary

christal-gary

FontainebleauDemo .. the wind does not work i am using unity 2019.3.1f1 ?

8. christal-gary

christal-gary

There is no wind animation in my fontainebleau project. I am using 2019.3.1f1. Am I missing some setting?

9. GWStudio

GWStudio

same here if u fix it share it ..

10. Migueljb

Migueljb

Any update on the wind in 2019.3.3f1? Still no wind.

11. Superior-of-lastest

Superior-of-lastest

Hey,I try to download from Github with Git and LFS System,but the newest version of this project is too large for me to download,there are some network issues bother me.Could someone give me an google dirve link for the version 2019.3??

12. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thanks a lot for keeping this asset up-to-date. It's a blast to toy around with in every Unity version with new assets :)

golem 05.jpg
    golem 08.jpg
    golem 10.jpg

laurent-h, ftejada and valarnur like this.
  13. Rowlan

Rowlan

@SebLagarde I noticed this when I checked out your demo:

So can I use those textures and put them into e. g. an example terrain I put for everyone for free on github including the terrain textures? If so, which license should be attached? Unity companion or MIT or no license at all?

Screenshot.

pg.jpg

14. hierro__

hierro__

Hi all, i downloaded last version, but all scenes are empty, i cant find any configuration window as explained on github, any suggestion ?

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

The grass wind shader does not seem to work, is there going to be a fix ?

Also generally is the Shader Graph safe to use or is breaking in every iteration ? Because if even in Unity own project nothing works should be a great concern to even remotely think of using the Graph solution.

16. YJack

YJack

Scenes presented as corrupted (empty) if open the project in 2019.3.1+

Skotrap7 likes this.
  17. barsovya

barsovya

Can I use these resources in a commercial project? Please give a link to the license.
    Doesn't work on 2019.3.7f1

18. Migueljb

Migueljb

UNITY... PLEASE LISTEN! These demos are super important to your community. They will always keep the interest very high in all things unity. Dedicate a small team 2-3 people to always have them updated as needed. Why are you not doing this? Most of us get all excited to open up these demo's to uncover awesome new stuff but then get upset and disappointed when we have to fumble for hours or days trying to figure out why it's not working or how to fix this and this - You get my point here! Just something to think about but not to long:)

19. Skotrap7

Skotrap7

Rich_A, barsovya and JamesArndt like this.
  20. axvr

axvr

Tested okay on 2019.4.1 as of today, with HDRP 7.4.1. When I first open this is with 2019.4.2 and ran a default upgrade, everything crashed and the material shader failed (showing purple).

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  21. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hello Laurent,

could we expect some DOF improvements in the HDRP Post Processing towards the quality in the yebis screenshots or do you plan to leave it for asset store developers?

22. Hunanbean

Hunanbean

I just wanted to say that this Fontainebleau and the book of the dead demo convinced me to switch to Unity.
    The ease of use and function compared to Unreal is night and day. Also, Unity out of the box has superior antialiasing. I really hope there is a dedicated team working on maintaining these high quality demos. I think that many people do not know what Unity is capable of now.
    Some things that irked me though.. the BOTD demo is still only available with experimental tech, instead of LTS tech. The difficulty in finding and downloading some of the content for Unity is off putting. Also the confusion between what is built in and what you have to buy is going to lead many to avoid Unity. An example is a $14 asset store item to change the FOV of the Scene camera. I saw that and left. It was not until later I realized it is built in, and googling for a solution to switch the FOV did not readily help. I am sure it is included in the fundamental tutorials, but i am not a linear learner so i wanted to point that out as such.
    Again, please maintain these high quality demos. People are coming to, or back to, Unity because of these proofs of function and quality.

Thank you very much for free use of the full engine, and for opening the learning portal to all. The recent changes have brought me back to Unity, seemingly, for good.

p.s. If i could easily find a way to get $10-$15 a month to Unity, i would take advantage of it.

23. koirat

koirat

All official demos that are using non build in tech should be considered a fraud.

merpheus and Thall33 like this.
  24. laurent-h

laurent-h

Hi, considering I am no longer at unity I didn't feel legitimate to answer. But since I think I have the beginning of an answer I will write it down here.
    The DOF implementation in HDRP aims at being performant on console, while also providing scalability with its quality controls, and also preserving its aspect in different resolutions.
    This is what guided the development and it is why it may not be the highest quality out there, but still good quality at affordable computational power on common platforms.

keeponshading likes this.
  25. akent99

akent99

Still learning, but if I understand, HDRP in 2022 has changed how to do wind zones and wind blowing trees. For example, there is BasicWind in https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/FontainebleauDemo which adds wind zone info into volumes by setting default shader global property values.

I was wondering if I should either:

1. Do something like the volume system to copy the wind zone properties in effect into properties like BasicWind does (see the C# in https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/FontainebleauDemo/tree/master/Assets/Scripts/BasicWind)
    2. Just add a new component whenever I use WindZone to copy the current wind settings into default global shader properties (don't bother with volumes) - or do I need to blend multiple wind zones if several are in effect?
    I am liking the idea of the latter - then my shaders can pick up those global settings if they want them. No need to bother with volumes. Opinions?

26. akent99

akent99