Search Unity

Perspective viewport is better than screencapture?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blogsabout, Jul 5, 2019.

1. blogsabout

blogsabout

Hello there

I'm using a movie recorder asset to grab 4K frames of my animation to make a film.
    However, it's very pixelated in the game viewport(even if I have set the resolution to the highest), while my perspective viewport is much higher and would be the appropriate resolution.
    How can I get 4K high resolution screen captures.?

Best, Dan

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. Moonjump

Moonjump

ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot allows you to use a superSize int for higher resolution screenshots.

For example ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot("MyName", 2); would capture a 4k screenshot if your Game view was 1080p (or if you don't have the screen space for 1080p, set the Game view to 960x540 and set superSize to 4).

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot.html

3. blogsabout

blogsabout

Hi Moonjump. Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm using Movierecorder, and it captures what screensize the gamescreen has.
    I'm not sure how I can use the supersize with a sequence of pngs? I would need to make a script right? I don't know how to code though (a little google coding only :p ).
    The solution I'm doing, where I make the gamescreen as large as possible, is very homemade, and not very professional.
    Any direction would be much appreciated.

Best, Dan