Search Unity

Personalized placements & time between ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by kreso, Jul 28, 2019.

1. kreso

kreso

Hello Unity folks,

I implemented the Monetization SDK, and am very excited to see what machine learning can do for my project.

Currently my game shows interstitial ads between levels (either fail or success). I limit a time that will pas between ads, because one level can last as short as 5 sec.

My question is - now with Monetization SDK, should I remove the time between ads? Will 'the algorithm' skip ads from being shown if too soon? I'm hoping it would learn the best time, and show ads with both retention and profit in mind.
    Or am i thinking too much and should simply leave the time out between my ads?

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Kreso

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

That's an interesting question. Ultimately, I think it will come down to your preference and the kind of experience you want to provide.

From what I understand (and I'm not an expert), the ML models have been focused on deciding between showing ads and showing IAP promo.

Regardless of what you choose, I would recommend adding some analytics to monitor the behavior. See what your retention looks like when the limit is at different lengths.

3. kreso

kreso

Thank you for the response!

That is what I'm doing now (time_before_first_ad, and time_between_ads - via Remote Settings, so I can do A/B tests).

First image on this page (https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/unity/personalized-placements-unity) made me wonder if ML model would skip ad to preserve LTV.

I will keep my variables - but ML doing this automatically would be neat! :)

Thanks,
    Kreso