Search Unity

Persona 5 game design

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by alerionend, Feb 16, 2019.

1. alerionend

alerionend

Theoretically, if I was going to make a game almost exactly like persona 5, what are the game mechanics and various other systems I'd need to take into consideration and figure out how to create. Such as the combat system and social Sim system and calendar system.

2. Pixelith

Pixelith

Each one of those systems is broken down into smaller pieces. Combat has things like strengths, weakness, elements, move sets, interactive moves, and so forth. Social sim has dialogue trees, timed events, and other unique things. Calendar here is probably the simplest thing. You would say the game starts this day, and after a certain action to pass a day. Persona 5 is by no means an easy game to replicate so if you're truly dedicated to this, just step by step through each feature you believe you need, then from there add on what comes to mind.

Antypodish likes this.
  3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I genuinely dont understand how you can want to make a game but are unable to work out what game mechanics it has. You can work this out by playing the game, if you havent played it then you shouldnt start by trying to replicate it.

Research is the first step to a good game design. Play your reference products.

AnomalusUndrdog likes this.
  4. neoshaman

neoshaman

Also look at guide and faqs ... and game that share mechanics, the day system in persona 5 is actually coming from ren'ai (japanese dating sims) like tokimeli memorial or princess maker, research and use faqs of these reference too

AnomalusUndrdog likes this.