Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question performance with SRP (oculus quest 2)

Discussion in 'VR' started by Aizat216777, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Aizat216777

Aizat216777

Hello
    i used this guide https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-gs-overview/.
    and created simple vr scene with 800 cubes. and i have ~52 FPS in my device (oculus quest 2).
    i disabled SRP Batcher and i have 72 FPS. i debugging the project and looks like srp bather works.
    srp batcher doesn't work well in VR? or maybe need to set some settings to boost performance
    configuration:
    -Unity 2021.1.20f
    -URP 11
    -oculus xr plugin 1.10.0

Test01.jpg

2. glenneroo

glenneroo

Maybe try the sample VR scene first and make sure you get 72 FPS? Then add your 800 cubes to that and see if it still happens.

As my boss used to say "start with the knowns and work your way slowly into the unknowns".

3. Aizat216777

Aizat216777

i disabled all cubes . and i have 72 fps

4. glenneroo

glenneroo

Maybe file a bug report with Unity?

There are newer versions of 2021.1 you could also try upgrading to 2021.1.27 or even upgrading to 2021.2 to see if they fix the issue. Make a backup of your project first of course ;)

There is also an official Discord Unity server you could try asking there.

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

1. Is multiview enabled?
    2. Can you check if it is a CPU or GPU issue (check OVR Performance Tools from Oculus)
    3. If this still happens in the latest 2021.1 or 2021.2, definitely make a bug report!

6. wronginput

wronginput

I've done a lot of experimenting myself with Built In vs URP builds for the Quest 2 and had similar experiences regarding framerate - URP framerates always seems much worse on anything more than a very basic scene.

I'm sticking to Built In for my current projects for that reason.

I've tried every setting I can think of for URP over the last few months on all the latest versions of Unity but whereas I can easily hit 90fps using Built In with some nice shaders set up, if I replicate the scene using URP I can barely hit 50fps a lot of the time.

Low complexity scenes are usually fine and URP does work, but Built In is my renderer of choice for Quest 2 projects at the moment for sure.