Search Unity

Official Performance Reporting is now Cloud Diagnostics

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by StaceyH, Nov 6, 2018.

1. StaceyH

StaceyH

Administrator

Cloud Diagnostics builds upon Performance Reporting. It includes new features, and is now accessible to all users - including Person Edition. Read our blog post to learn more about what has changed.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why the name change from Performance Reporting to Cloud Diagnostics?
    Performance Reporting was a confusing name as it didn’t do “performance reporting” in the way that many people thought (e.g profiling). Additionally, we have and will continue to build more features beyond our original scope. Cloud Diagnostics is a better representation of what we want to help you measure, which is discrete technical issues.

Why the name change from Bug Reports to User Reports?
    “Bug” assumes the the report issue is something unexpected and fixable. We learned during our alpha period from customers that the feature is useful for capturing any type of report, be it a bug or a feature request.

I noticed that some of my User Reports are missing off of my dashboard. What do I do?
    As part of the rename and the move out of alpha we needed to update the service on the client SDK and on the backend. Some reports were not automatically moved over to the new service. If believe you were impacted please send an email to clouddiagnostics@unity3d.com.

I’m on Personal Edition and I’ve been using Bug Reporting (Alpha). What does this mean for me?
    We learned so much from our alpha. As a thank you, we will be giving all projects that used Bug Reporting during the Alpha access to the Advanced Diagnostics tier. This means that you will not lose access to advanced features or be restricted by Starter-tier limitations for the projects that have been actively using the service.

AntonioModer likes this.