Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Performance drop with NavMeshAgents in 2023.1 vs. 2022.2 ?

Discussion in '2023.1 Beta' started by Maria_Tonia, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Maria_Tonia

Maria_Tonia

Did anyone else here also experience a dramatic performance drop while using NavMeshAgents?
    I had a simple scene with a couple of capsule agents moving around on an empty plane and my FPS counter went from 200 to 50.
    I am not so experienced with the profiler, so i couldn't find the root case for that. Building & running didn't increase the performance as well.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Can you send screenshots of the profiler? There should be a visible difference bewteen the frames at 200 and 50 fps

3. Maria_Tonia

Maria_Tonia

Hi DevDunk, i attached the two screenshots! It seems Rendering and other stuff dominates now (at CPU).
    p.s. i use the new component based AI Navigation

Attached Files:

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

It seems like it could be vsync since it's locked. Did you check that?

5. Maria_Tonia

Maria_Tonia

60 FPS indeed sounds like it is locked (sorry for my beginner question here). But where can i change it? In Project settings i switched it to don't sync, but the FPS still are the same. Is there a different setting somewhere?

upload_2023-1-27_17-35-14.png

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

It can also be locked by application.targetframerate, the game window, or graphics card settings

7. Maria_Tonia

Maria_Tonia

Hmm, strange. I didn't change the settings on my graphics card, but maybe Unity 2023.1b has different presets somewhere (URP). Ok, but at least it doesn't look like a bug then if there is a cap at ~ 55-60 fps.

8. Maria_Tonia

Maria_Tonia

I found the reason: I had as command line argument "-force-d3d12" which seemed to work fine with 2022.2, but with 2023 that had the lower FPS effect.

9. DevDunk

DevDunk

Ahh, you can just enable it in the player settings