Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Performance/Consistency on Android

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by Diablo404, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Diablo404

Diablo404

Hi,

I'm experiencing delays and strange behaviours on my Samsung Galaxy S8. Buttons and touches seem to respond pretty badly (testing on Tiny Arms Revenge).

Is this something widely spread on Android? Does anyone else experimenting the same issues? If yes, is this something that will be fixed quickly?

Thanks

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Hi @Diablo404
    Can you provide us more information about your setup so we can reproduce the issue?
    What android version you are currently using?
    which web browser you are running the game on and which version?
    What Tiny mode version you used to build the game?
    Also, do you see this issue on WebGL, Canvas or both?

3. tiagokeller

tiagokeller

We could see those problems too (GalaxyTab, Lenovo Chromebook Lenovo N42, Huawei P10 and on Asus Zenbook) with the match3 Demo. I updated Tiny to 0.13.4 and now seems better but still a bit of laggy response for UI buttons. With the initial tests, the problem happened with both Canvas and WebGL, the game would even freeze when trying to switch the render mode.

4. Diablo404

Diablo404

Hi Abdul,
    thanks for your answer.

What android version you are currently using?
    V8.0.0

Which web browser you are running the game on and which version?
    It seems to be Chrome (v70.0.3538.110). To be more specific, it is the Google search app, when you past the url (specified in my next answer).

What Tiny mode version you used to build the game?
    Also, do you see this issue on WebGL, Canvas or both?

I don't know, I tried the 'Tiny Arms Revenge' build Unity posted on their blog (https://tiny-match3.storage.googleapis.com/index.html)

5. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Thanks for providing the info
    I took note of the UI lag issue. we will have more performance fixes in the upcoming releases
    The online tiny arms demo is still using 0.13.3 runtime, we will update it later this week.