Search Unity

Perforce : Repo not accessible

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Drexster, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Drexster

Drexster

Just trying to get perforce setup with Unity cloud Build.
    The documentation leaves allot to be desired... come on guys two lines?

Anyway, I created a new user with what I think is read only access, based on the group i created in p4Admin and assigned the unitybuild user to this group.

The following error appears:
    "There was an error:
    Repo is not accessible. Please check your URL and repo settings."

Should the url I use include the repo? What would this look like

E.g.: perforce.serverdomain.com:1666/repopath/somefiles/
    ?

Thanks for the assistance.

2. unitychrism

unitychrism

Hi Drexster,

Thanks for getting started with Cloud Build. Did you encounter the error above after entering your perforce URL on the 'Enter Source Control' page?

Should the url I use include the repo? What would this look like

E.g.: perforce.serverdomain.com:1666/repopath/somefiles/

In this example, you should be able to specify 'perforce.serverdomain.com:1666/repopath' omitting anything beyond the repository root. Can you try to add your repository and report back?

3. GraemeScott

GraemeScott

I am also getting this error when trying to connect to use Perforce..

The lack of any form of real example for connecting to a Perforce depot , does not help... and nothing I could find online googling helps...

My depot is hosted internally with and is completely accessible externally with the x.x.x.x:1999 server address using any perforce client..

I get the error after supplying the user/password (which I have verified works externally).. All it states is that the URL might be wrong, but there is nothing to be found on what a URL for perforce actually is..

Is there a problem with using 'x.x.x.x:1999', what is the actual format for a perforce URL???

And before you ask me to submit a ticket, that is only available for pro+ and I am not going to start using any of those until I prove it works...

4. unitychrism

unitychrism

I am currently in the process of building some KB articles that will help users of various SCM systems get connected to Cloud Build, but In the meantime can you please direct message me a link to your project? I'll take a look and see if I can't provide some insight to the problem you're having.

5. wittywings

wittywings

Same problem here.

6. unitychrism

unitychrism

Wittywings,

Please direct message me a link to your project and let me know what the issue is, I will help you out. As an update, documentation for Perforce setup is on its way soon.