Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Perforce project ported to collaborate bug

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Artificer, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Artificer

Artificer

Posting this as a relatively minor bug that took me down until I found a workaround.

Our group just uploaded a project previously managed in Perforce to Collaborate.

The resulting EditorSettings.asset still had...
    "m_ExternalVersionControlSupport: Perforce"
    instead of...
    "m_ExternalVersionControlSupport: Hidden Meta Files"

Collaborate greyed out this setting blocking the ability to remove "Perforce" directly in Editor.

After initial download of a fresh copy of the project from the cloud Collaborate seemed to allow normal editing.
    On exiting and relaunching the Editor the console began to show perforce connection errors. Additionally Collaborate operations like file/folder delete were not allowed citing that we were "not connected".

The workaround was to manually edit EditorSettings.asset file changing "Perforce" to "Hidden Meta Files".

Collaborate should either make this change automatically or block the connection to Perforce on Editor load.

holliebuckets likes this.
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Thank you so much @Artificer! I would definitely consider this a bug. Are you able to submit a bug report while I alert the dev team?

I'm also going to ping @quixotic as this is a nasty user experience for Collab!

3. Mulegames

Mulegames

We've had this same issue on our team. We "solved" it by turning off Collaborate in the Services window, changing from Perforce to Visible Meta Files, then turning Collaborate back on. However, one of our team members is unable to enable/disable any services, so she's kinda stuck until we can get a bug in for that one...

4. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

@Mulegames could you check to see if her status is set to User? Switch her to a manager temporarily, let her do your workaround steps, then switch her back (if you want) ^_^

Let me know if that works! :D

5. Mulegames

Mulegames

Making her an admin temporarily allowed her to turn Collaborate On or Off in the project. This, of course, didn't stick when she was turned back into a normal user, but at least we know how to solve this issue now. Thanks!

holliebuckets likes this.
  6. holliebuckets

holliebuckets