Search Unity

Perforce plugin so slow

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by chrisk, Dec 19, 2018.

1. chrisk

chrisk

Hi, guys,

Does any know why perforce plugin so slow when saving a scene? It's a simple test scene and I just move the camera a little before the save.

It takes about a couple of minutes doing nothing and then it starts saving.
    While doing nothing, PerforcePlugin.exe CPU usage hovers around 5% and it's trying to do something but there is no dialog box or anything and I can't figure out what's causing it.
    Perforce works normally except it's sooo slow.

I have a pretty high-spec machine with plenty of extra RAM and both UnityEditor and entire project files are in SSD. All other applications work normally except saving a scene from Unity.

I try to clean boot and killed many unnecessary processes such as AV and others just to make sure nothing is affecting it.

Having many assets in the Project will affect the savings? I shouldn't really affect since all I did was move the camera. If it does, it should be a bug. I can't imaging working like this throughout the project lifecycle.

This really creates huge pain for me and I really appreciate if someone can help.

First of all, Unity should try to display a dialog box so that I can diagnose what PerforcePlugin.exe is trying to do while unresponsive. I shouldn't be hard to do it but I'm afraid some basic stuff such as displaying info never gets fixed. oh well.. but I have to try.

Thanks.

2. chrisk

chrisk

FYI, I'm using 2018.2.20f1

3. edsludden

edsludden

If its any consolation, am having this exact same issue. Perforce Plugin is taking about 5-7 minutes to do whatever its doing before the scene saves. Assuming that Unity doesn't crash in the meantime. Things seem to work slightly better when I close the Project Tab, or Work Offline.

Other than that I'm stumped, and will continue to try a few things. I'm using 2019.1.1f1 and HDRP