Search Unity

Perforce: "No valid view found in client workspace"

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by deram_scholzara, Aug 21, 2014.

1. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

I get this message when asked to select my workspace - what does it mean and how do I fix it?
    "No valid view found in client workspace"

2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi deram_scholzara,

It sounds like you might need to either create a Perforce Workspace (for the user we are logged in as) or make sure the new user you made for Perforce has permissions to view the existing workspace?

deram_scholzara likes this.
  3. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

Workspace is probably the issue, I was just using my local machine's workspace for the project.

Do I just map the new workspace for the Unity Could account it to the root for the local directory? Or is there a specific local path I'm supposed to put enter?

4. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

From the support page:
    If it needs to automatically set up a workspace, then why does it ask for an existing one? Also, I can’t find any documentation anywhere on how the workspace should be set up if it must be done manually.

I still can't get this to work even with a workspace specifically set up for the Unity Build Cloud system.

Here are my workspace settings:
    Screen Shot 2014-08-23 at 3.14.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-23 at 3.15.11 PM.png

Attached Files:

5. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi @deram_scholzara - Hmm, sounds like something that might need to be fixed on our end. Can you file a ticket on our SUPPORT page (at the bottom) and give us your Bundle ID, and we can look into it for you?

6. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

My Bundle ID? I assume you mean for my provisioning profiles? I'm submitting the ticket now.

7. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Got it - thanks!

8. BigToe

BigToe

I've just switched to Perforce from Unity's Asset Server and found it to be daunting. I did finally get a build to work in the cloud eventually though.

One thing that did look odd to me is your Workspace Root. I believe that should be set to the local copy of your Unity Project that you are using versioning on. You should be able to browse to the Unity project folder in the finder.

I'm not sure how you have your Perforce 4d server set up , but this video below does show the setting up and mapping of a workspace which helped me. The guy in the tutorial is using an the Amazon EC2 cloud server and I am using a Linux droplet on Digital Ocean, but it still helped figure some stuff out. It's around the 54 minute mark.

It would be really great if there were some start to finish tutorials for beginners using Unity with Perforce. It would really help get more people to use Unity Cloud Build. Or better yet, it would be great if there were a Perforce hosting service that is designed with Unity in mind.

9. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

That was actually the first thing I tried before the stuff shown in the screenshots - it gave me the same errors.

For the project I'm testing this out with, I actually followed that exact video tutorial =-) It could use a Team License oriented version (as that's what I'm using), but overall it was pretty straightforward.

Thanks for the response. My response from Unity actually suggests that this is a bug with the cloud server, and that it's being resolved.

10. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

For @deram_scholzara or anyone else experiencing this issue - we just (10/15/2014) pushed a fix that might address these problems. Please try again, and if you encounter difficulty please open a support ticket and we'll continue to try to resolve this problem. Thanks!