Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Per Project Account Settings

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Wuzseen, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Wuzseen

Wuzseen

I work in a couple teams and juggle some Unity licenses and it would be great to be able to open certain projects with certain accounts and their relevant licenses. E.g. I don't want to open a personal project with a seat license from an organization or vice versa.

Obviously I can just log in/out when need be, but it would be great to save the few seconds and reduce the possibility of forgetting to log out.

martin_stormchaser likes this.
  2. paravelop

paravelop

I just stumbled upon Unity Hub and am trying it out right know.
    That was my first thought after setting everything up.
    So thank you for that suggestion.

3. DanielTG

DanielTG

Hi @Wuzseen, and @Das_M,
    (apologies for the delay replying to this thread)

This sounds like a tricky problem to address without the login/logout which could still be prone to user error. Overall though this definitely something we want to improve on (i.e. multi-user / license management) The organization ID (when you sign-up for a Unity ID) even though is not always visibly exposed plays a big part of the license and project. In past Hub versions we experimented showing this information under the account menu but it didn't truly help solve the problem.

Would other related dialogues/notifications be useful prior to opening a project when a mismatch is detected? (e.g. "You are open a project created under a different user/organization.... Would you like to proceed?"

Would filtering the projects by license/account help? A 'quick-switch user' so it's easier to swap to between different accounts?

I'm just passing along ideas from other threads related to this topic but would like to hear more of your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Daniel

kashif789us likes this.
  4. kashif789us

kashif789us

"Quick switch user" will be a great option. Please add this.

5. Leucaruth

Leucaruth

Hi.

Three years later this is still a problem. Even worse, as login is web based, I have to change mi preferred browser to the one I have the another unity account to be able to switch users. This is a real hassle

Any insight about this?