Search Unity

Games Pencil Dungeon (crawler) - game made for Scribble Game Jam

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by KrzysztofBidzinski, Feb 18, 2021.

1. KrzysztofBidzinski

KrzysztofBidzinski

About
    This is my interpretation of classic dungeon crawler made for Scribble Jam on Itch.io. The game has infinite dungeon levels generation, so player can try how deep can get and stay alive.

The jam had limitations:
    • Theme: Scribble / Doodle
    • Challange: All text in your game must be a made up language
    The core of the game is a random and infinite dungeon generator, made by me some time ago. What is new is an artwork - almost every shape drawn with pencil.
    Gameplay atm is kinda shallow, but this is a game jam after all.

Some screenshots:

Gameplay:

If you wish to try it, plese use this link.

Feel free to leve some feedback.
    Cheers!

Arkade likes this.
  2. KrzysztofBidzinski

KrzysztofBidzinski

3. KrzysztofBidzinski

KrzysztofBidzinski

Hi all,

The new 0.0.4 versions brings basics for RPG system. Player character and monsters has now statistics ( STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA).

Stats are generated with 3d6 in the following order: Strength (STR), Dexterity (DEX), Constitution (CON), Intelligence (INT), Wisdom (WIS), Charisma (CHA). If a stat of 15+ is rolled the next must be rolled with 2d6 + 2, then continue with 3d6 until the end or another 15+ is rolled. Fights are also based on the rolling of dice. When a character attacks a creature they must roll below their STR stat. Likewise, when a creature attacks, the character must roll below its STR to avoid taking damage.

Also, I get rid of min-map. The dungeon map is available under the [TAB] key.

More on https://generalis.itch.io/pencil-dungeon

Cheers!