Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Pelvis freeze and other mischief after updating to 4.3

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Larb, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Larb

Larb

Hi I haven't been able to find any threads on this specifically but most of our animations don't play correctly after the 4.3 update.
    Other threads that might be up the same alley:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/210422-4-3-breaking-my-animations
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/210433-4-2-gt-4-3-Mecanim-Issues-(Copy-From-Other-Avatar)

One issue is that the root bone won't rotate or transform, even though we checked the "bake into pose" in the importer.
    Another issue is somewhat weird, as some of our characters will shrink when playing an animation.
    Last issue is that if we apply root motion and set up a simple run animation, it will run sideways and a lot faster than before 4.3.

Anyway great work on the 4.3 update we are all looking forward to getting past these hiccups and start playing around with all the new features!

Thanks, Lars.

2. Larb

Larb

Ok so if i create a new project from scratch and export our character and one of the broken animations to that project it works as it is supposed to when using the "apply root motion" so that is some process on the last issue mentioned above, i will check to see what is needed to be done in the main project to solve that issue and report back

3. Larb

Larb

It also works without "apply root motion" where transforms and rotations are baked into pose in the new project

4. Larb

Larb

Ok so it seems the freezing can be fixed by setting the "hips" bone inside the "configure avatar" to pelvis instead of the root of the avatar.

5. instruct9r

instruct9r