Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Pegasus - no fuss cutscene and flythrough generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamGoodrich, Aug 30, 2016.

1. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Dang.
    I hoped it would be easy.
    The only thing I can think of is the min height setting?
    Can you drag them down and position manually?
    The video, it looks like it is positioning them above the house instead of inside. I've done the inside on another video I made so I know it works, it was an older unity though.
    I like to set the height setting as low as possible them position each one for precision.
    Beyond that, I am using pegasus in a video now I'm making and not having that particular issue, but this one is in a forest. Using 2019.4.
    Hope you get it figured out and let us all know, so we can know the solution if we run into that as well.

2. netpost

netpost

@dsilverthorn
    I tried setting the minimum height to zero with the same results (POI outside of the house)
    I finally went back to capturing in play mode instead of using the capture manager in the scene mode.
    But thanks again for your input!

3. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I haven’t used the capture method, I may have tried it years ago when the asset first came out, but very glad that it can be used as a work around.

4. Harald_Heide

Harald_Heide

Pegasus seems to work fine on windows Unity at least up to 2019.4.11f1

( I had some problems earlier which seems to have been related to my own windows installation)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  5. CrandellWS

CrandellWS

has development for this stopped?

Last release was Apr 30, 2019 making it almost a year and a half since last update

6. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

No it is not abandoned. It works and is actively supported.

It is however just one of our products, and being a small team we tend to focus most of our effort on where the demand is, and despite the fact that we use Pegasus a lot internally it does not exactly fly of the shelves :)

Another challenge with these forums is that we often are not notified when people post. Your message is one of the rare ones that actually sent me an email notification.

I am actually in the process of revamping how we communicate now as the current unity forums, twitter, facebook, youtube, reddit, freshdesk & discord means that too often, we simply do not see messages. This is not a great experience for anyone.

So, in mean time, for support please go to : https://www.procedural-worlds.com/support/

And if you want to be kept in the loop with new sales, products, tutorials and other cool freebies please subscribe to our newsletter here https://www.procedural-worlds.com/.

BackwoodsGaming and S4G4N like this.
  7. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Just finished my latest project, a classical music video called "By the Brook". Camera done using Pegasus as well as some of the animals.

Thought I'd share it with everyone. This was developed throughout the pandemic as a form of relaxation.The music and scene were started in February when everything was getting shut down. The music (composed by my wife) was finalized in late September and the scene was finally completed this week.

The goal was to take a few minutes and relax and let all of the world's trouble pass you by and just have a few minutes of peace before you have to get back to reality. I hope you enjoy the escape.

8. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

This is beautiful! I took a moment out of my day and was present and in the moment enjoying this. Thanks so much for sharing!

I took the liberty of sharing it a little wider :)

9. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thank you Adam, very glad you liked it!
    It was your work with Gaia that allowed me to transition from Vue to Unity several years ago, so I say thank you for that as well. :)
    Using your tools and others, has made it fun to create beautiful scenes and being able to do this with my wife's music has brought it to a new level. :)

S4G4N and AdamGoodrich like this.
  10. rboerdijk

rboerdijk

Created my first camerapath and have two questions

1. I noticed the very last frame (t=1.0) when viewed using the scrubber in the editor vs when playing ingame ends up noticeable different. Seems to depend on the values used for "rotation dampening" (default=0.75) and "position dampening" (default=0.3). When setting both of them to zero, it ends up as expected. Setting them to 'maximum' it ends up even further off.
    Dampening makes sense during the flythrough but I'd still expect the very last frame of the flythrough to end up as shown in the editor (irrelevant of what value dampening is set to).

2. It would be cool if we could add Unity events when a path is started or finished (those things you click together in the Unity UI via drag and drop of an object and selecting a function to be called on it). Generally my camera is locked to a target, so when pegasus starts I'd want an "unlock" (otherwise it flickers there and back) and vice-versa when the path ends...

As a sidenote, some links seem to be outdated, specifically the link provided in the readme.txt (https://www.procedural-worlds.com/pegasus/documentation/), the discord link in the assetstore, and the link to tutorials here https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk....cles/33000166575-getting-started-with-pegasus.

11. BryanPW

BryanPW

https://www.procedural-worlds.com/products/indie/pegasus/pegasus-tutorials/
    The documentation is also in the Assets- Pegasus- Documentation.

Can you please file a support ticket: https://www.procedural-worlds.com/support/
    Also can you please send either a screenshot or a video of what is happening as well?

I have tested both and it seems to be working.

As far as the Unity events I have mentioned this to the team!

rboerdijk likes this.
  12. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

We just completed final editing to our latest video, "Apollo's Dream", and it will be coming soon to our YouTube channel.
    Using Pegasus for cameras and most character movements.

S4G4N likes this.
  13. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

unityunity