Search Unity

Pegasus - no fuss cutscene and flythrough generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamGoodrich, Aug 30, 2016.

1. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Sorry - I am onto this and will make it tomorrow - crazily busy at moment.

ladfoo likes this.
  2. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Crowfall, one of the most anticipated MMO's of 2017 recently had a big reveal of their new graphical update, and I spent some time with their lead environmental artist Jon O'Neal last weekend.

I was literally gobsmacked (is that a word?) about how heavily they were using Gaia, GeNa, and Pegasus, and they are also now using our new (soon to be released) shader.

In this video, the terrain and texturing was done with Gaia 1.5, general environmental spawning was done with GeNa, the terrain shading was with our new shader (just into beta yesterday), and the character and camera movement was Pegasus. Incidentally, @chingwa, the lighting and weather is Tenkoku.

Was so wrapped to be able to help such amazing talent to do such cool stuff!

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  3. ladfoo

ladfoo

Adam... sorry to keep bugging you, but could you please explain the changes that need to be made to the Pegasus prefab (Helios2D_For_Pegasus) that ships with Helios in order to actually make the two work together? Thanks

4. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey - sorry - i have not forgotten this - have a massive deadline to meet - so have been flat chat - will get this for you in the next few days.

TheSeawolf and ladfoo like this.
  5. mattbuehler

mattbuehler

Hi Adam,

wanted to send you the link to this archaeological / historic reconstruction 360 video I made (www.vrbn.io). Pegasus was used in it.

I'll have to tweak a few more things, but I hope you like it!
    Cheers,
    matt

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  6. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Very cool!!

Is the target of this a video or a general VR experience ? Can provide some advice on how to perk this up a little visually if you are interested.

7. mattbuehler

mattbuehler

Hi,

The main demo is an oculus VR demo, where you fly with the camera, can sit on a chair and look around. This 360 video was rendered out from the same camera.
    This was exhibited for 3 weeks directly on-site!

Always interested in some feedback. If this is OT here, maybe PM me. Thanks!

8. mattbuehler

mattbuehler

oh, and after doing this project with pegasus, I have to re-iterate that things would indeed have been easier (wish list!) if there would be a mode where each POI can be given a target time and the speeds are calculated/weighed for you. Especially when animating the camera against precise audio tracks is very tedious when 1 POI speed changes that offsets the rest of the animation. (but I guess this depends on the preference and project, of course.)

otherwise I believe it's a great tool!

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  9. Elzean

Elzean

Also made my flythrough with Pegasus, great asset :)

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  10. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey everyone - I am pleased to announce that my latest project CTS - Complete Terrain Shader just went live!!

It's a collaboration between NatureManufacture and myself, and we are very proud of it.

All of the demo videos were made with Pegasus and I also added new weather integrations with Enviro. There will be more goodness coming to Pegasus soon.

11. ladfoo

ladfoo

Adam... sorry to keep bugging you, but could you please explain the changes that need to be made to the Pegasus prefab (Helios2D_For_Pegasus) that ships with Helios in order to actually make the two work together? Thanks

12. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Sorry mate - been so busy on CTS. I will grab the latest version of Helios and make that video today. It is a dumb setting that I told John about 6 months ago - its not set correctly and is a bugger to find.

ladfoo likes this.
  13. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Just a heads up - i had a very unusual message when I went to do this - I have referred to john for comment.

14. ladfoo

ladfoo

Thanks so much for looking into that. Would you mind posting John's thoughts on it here?
    Also, really looking forward to Gaia 2, and congrats on CTS... so sorry to distract you!

15. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey everyone - I just launched my new web site!!

http://www.procedural-worlds.com/

If you would like to get access to special monthly newsletters - for subscribers only - then please sign up on the home page (and don't for get to also say yes to the email that is sent as a confirmation).

The plan is to share special information and treats that wont be shared here. I will also be adding forums so that the information accumulated in this thread doesn't get lost as it currently does here.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and I will incorporate what I can.

S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  16. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

He fixed it. You should be good now.

S4G4N likes this.
  17. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey everyone -

As you probably know I have been investing significantly in my web site - and am working on lifting my game across the board.

I monitor these forums but often don't get notified of posts - and as people have said - there is just too much here to wade through.

So - if you want support please go to https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk.com/support/home and log a request. These are tracked and wont fall though the cracks. I am also building up a knowledge base on the support system so chances are the solution to your issue will appear here.

I have also set up a forum system at http://www.procedural-worlds.com/forums/. It's not public in the navigation yet and still needs some theming and tidy up. This will be far more useful than these forums as we can create threads rather than having one big long stream of consciousness as we do here.

I have also created a new mailing list signup on the home page here : http://www.procedural-worlds.com/. This will be a very cool subscribers only news, reviews, tips n tricks & freebies source.

Please take a moment to have a look..

BackwoodsGaming and Stormy102 like this.
  18. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

GOOD THINGS COME IN THREES
    To celebrate the launch of our new web site Gaia & GeNa are 25% off, and Pegasus is 20% off until the end of August! Get them at a this very special price and sign up for our free monthly news letter to get quality monthly news, reviews, and freebies!! http://www.procedural-worlds.com/
    Grab 20170619080905 w1920h1029 x-275y111z242r306.jpg

JBT27 and drmanhattan like this.
  19. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Am honored to have Jon O'Neal, Lead Environmental Artist from Crowfall talking about his experience Crowdfunding Crowfall, and with the Procedural Worlds toolset. In the environment section in the video below I was amazed by how deeply Gaia, GeNa, CTS and Pegasus were used to bring the scene to life.

And if you have not voted for CTS yet, please wander over to the Unity Awards web site below and vote for us in the "Best Tool" section - was a total blast to even be nominated :)

https://awards.unity.com/2017

20. GamerPET

GamerPET

Hello guys!

Any way to trigger a PlayMaker event when I reach a "POI"?
    I might need a way to trigger some events when I reach a particular POI. For example I might have multiple paths and I want the camera to jump to another path when I treaches the end of the first path. Also, before "jumping" I might want to do a fade or something.

Thanks <3

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  21. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

This is a pretty nice idea and shouldn't be too hard to implement.

I have also made a new trigger for post px - which allow you to add new post fx when you hit a poi - and pegasus also now has timeline and wapi integration...

Guess i better publish that update :)

BackwoodsGaming and GamerPET like this.
  22. GamerPET

GamerPET

By the way. If you want and if you make a PlayMaker integration... there is something like this:

- GameObject that has the FSM
    - FSM Name
    - Event to Send

A GameObject can have multiple FSMs so there as to be an input that can tell to what FSM to send the action.

About the Timeline integration... that sound also cool... but I would love if you would be able to also do a small PlayMaker integration. It also shoudn't be that hard.

In the past I used a tool similar to Pegasus that a programmer builded internally for the company I worked on. It was similar but we had a lot of actions for each node. I could activate/deactivate objects and a lot of stuff like that. At one point I requested a the option to send an event to a fsm in playmaker, and the programmer did it in 1-2 hours.

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  23. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Yeah sounds like a very cool idea - i bought playmaker years ago but have never really used it... so it will be bit of learning curve.

24. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

25. docsavage

docsavage

Good video. Always liked the simplicity of pegasus and the great features like the visualisation tool and shortcut options. Totally agree with the reviewer regarding the multi node editing especially related to speed control. It is a lot of work to change the speed for each node. It is my only real problem with pegasus. I remember suggesting this as well. A quick fix could be a total path speed multiplier. Fine tuning multiple nodes and multi-editing would be great but a path velocity multiplier is an essential IMHO.

26. docsavage

docsavage

One other suggestion I'd make that I think would be very useful would be to have not just 'min POI height' but also 'min POI width'. That way you could skim the sides of mountains, spaceships or whatever without having to move the POI's outwards whic his needed sometimes to avoid clipping issues:)

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  27. JBT27

JBT27

The per POI speed controls are OK, providing there are not too many, but I badly miss the ability to come to a halt - the classic ease-in/ease-out. Pegasus is a great tool, and sometimes it'd be nice to have that level of elegance and simplicity in 3D apps, but on the other hand, controlling Pegasus' speeds via a curve, like almost all 3D apps and comp apps, might also be good.

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  28. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Thanks for the feedback - noted and documented in trello.

I am planning out the next few months work and would like to bring the next release out. Among other things it already has timeline support.

JBT27 likes this.
  29. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

If anyone has been on the fence about any of my products - DevDog is doing a massive christmas giveaway and there are 5 copies of each of my products available as giveaways if you sign up today!!

http://christmas.devdog.io/

30. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

A couple of things...

On your last POI - set it to look at target - that will stop the rotation issue.

This is because I am using splines and they are a cubic interpolation of the previous, current and next POI's.

And i have noticed that it seems like sometimes it does not quite make it to the last poi... this is probably because everything is interpolated and i suspect the last interpolation interval might be getting skipped - essentially a rounding issue in that last quanta. Just add another poi shortly after - a little bit of playing will generally get you the result you want.

I will also have another update to Pegasus soon - the new feature allows you to plan your path at runtime 'in game' so that you get to see exactly what the camera sees. I have this working in development but its not quite release quality yet. If anyone wants this earlier then reach out via PM with your invoice and i will send the code.

I have also made a timeline version of Pegasus as well... need to dig the code up.. but its very handy. Basically allows you to get exact timeline control over Pegasus flythroughs - which is useful when doing scenes controlled by timeline.

blacksun666 and S4G4N like this.
  31. unklebooey1

unklebooey1

Thank you for posting this, it was probably in reply to my post from a couple of days ago that accidentally got deleted :)

This is an awesome and time-saving resource so far! I figured out why my camera was not making it to the last POI. By default the position damping was .3, when I set it to 0 it now goes to the end with no problem. Setting the position damping to 0 seems to make the camera stick exactly to the path from start to finish.

Thanks!
    Perry

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    AdamGoodrich and S4G4N like this.
  32. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

33. cybersoft

cybersoft

Hi,

You wrote:

"Pegasus has also been integrated with Helios by UtopiaWorx to allow you to create high resolution 2D and 3D / VR videos!"

Which video recorder 3D do you recommend for Pegasus in 2018?

Helios with only 4 stars and no updates and look at last reviews.

The UtopiaWorx's website seems to be dead and "Not Found". I see no updates at UtopiaWorx this year at all.

I bought an asset VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer by mistake and got refund yesterday. But I am not sure if that was a wise decision?

This VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer seems to be better alternative now because of updates and features. The question is compatibility with Pegasus?

34. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

35. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I'm not sure of a VR solution. As far as I can recall, Helios doesn't do VR but it does an awesome job with 2D/3D non VR if that is what you are looking for. At least last time I used it I'm pretty sure that was what John was saying. It has been a while tho. But I can vouch for the awesomeness of Pegasus + Helios for the normal videos!

36. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

This appears to be the only asset of yours I haven't purchased. I was really hoping this one would have been included in the May Madness sale. I haven't had a "need" for this, but it's on my wish list.

37. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I'd like to know too. The helios 3D web site appears to have been hijacked (hacked) and a redirect is in place that (thankfully) Google blocked for me.

Stormy102 likes this.
  38. cybersoft

cybersoft

I do not want to spam here because I got refund from the guy from OliVR and I think he wasn't happy. But I can see that the VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer do everthing and not only VR but normal videos too. And I can see recent updates of the VR Panorama from April this year and Helios Sep 05, 2017.

The website of Helios does not work at all!

Maybe you could consider not only Helios but this VR Panorama could do the job well and seems to be more versatile with VR support. And maybe you could contact Oliver the publisher and we could select not only one solution.
    There are a lot of recording tool on the market that could work with Pegasus.

39. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Pegasus just drives whatever you point it at through the scene. If you get the authors to connect with me I will be happy to help them with integration.

cybersoft and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  40. olix4242

olix4242

BackwoodsGaming and cybersoft like this.
  41. cybersoft

cybersoft

It seems to be an easy integration script if only these settings worked

Hey guys olix4242, AdamGoodrich, you could do together good stuff and not only video recording but VR support too.
    That would be a great extension for mobile apps.

42. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

The fps settings should be set at the same fps that your system is using.

cybersoft likes this.
  43. cxode

cxode

How does Pegasus compare to Cinemachine?

Flurgle likes this.
  44. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Flurgle and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  45. blacksun666

blacksun666

Any news on a pegasus v2 release date and release notes?

46. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

I will publish this next week. Have been away this week.

BackwoodsGaming and blacksun666 like this.
  47. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

The new Pegasus is almost ready to go - if you own Pegasus and would like to beta test it please contact me on our Dicord channel here : https://discord.gg/rtKn8rw

There are some very cool new features:

* Run time composition - see demo here:

* Auto roll - adds a bunch of interest - sort of like the way a motor bike leans into corners
    * Timeline support - control speed and playback from Unity timeline.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    BackwoodsGaming and blacksun666 like this.
  48. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Pegasus 2.0.0 just released - a fairly substantial free upgrade.

New features include:
    * Runtime composition
    * Auto Roll
    * Timeline Support
    * Unity 2018 Support
    * A bunch of usability enhancements.

49. futurewavecs

futurewavecs

Are you planning on releasing a video or something going over the new features and changes?

50. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Yep - coming later today. In mean time click on video above - it jumps straight to new capture system. Its been improved since then but thats the crux of it.