Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

pdb2mdb.exe broken in RC3

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by jrdmellowLTS, Feb 24, 2015.

1. jrdmellowLTS

jrdmellowLTS

Hello all,

For those unfamiliar to building/debugging DLLs, refer to this thread; http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/how-to-build-and-debug-external-dlls.161685/

I've had issues with this throughout the Beta period with the pdb2mdb tool (can't process IEnumerables, crashes before it can run, etc), but for the most part there have been work-arounds. With RC3, I am completely stuck. I cannot get a PDB converted to MDB at all.

If I use the pdb2mdb tool from "Editor\Data\MonoBleedingEdge\lib\mono\4.5\", I get the following error every time it is run, regardless of the PDB it is called on;
    If I use the one in "Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\", most DLLs are fine, but some crash on IEnumerables;
    I used to be able to use the tool in "Editor\Data\MonoBleedingEdge\lib\mono\4.0\" to get around this issue, but it has not been provided this release. I submitted a bug report a couple weeks back but have heard no response about it.

Has anyone been able to make usable debug symbol files with RC3?