Search Unity

Games (PC/WEB/WIP)Attack at the Academy

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by omoidearcade, Feb 3, 2023.

1. omoidearcade

omoidearcade

Attack at the Academy
    2.5D style Fighting Game​

Introduction
    I created this project for a fighting game jam called FightJam, in about a month using Unity and an awesome fighting game template for Unity called Universal Fighting Engine.

I had created smaller games for jams before but this was my first bigger project and wanted to get more insight into how to expand this game further.

Story
    The story is yet to be implemented in the game itself. Ren, a student at a prestigious academy, stumbles upon a mysterious book in the academy that he is not supposed to read, but out of curiosity ends up reading it and unleashes a spell that brings art pieces to life, the Robot, the Ant, and the Statue of Venus.

Gameplay
    Simple fighting game mechanics.

• Movement:You can move forward, back, crouch and jump

• Attack: There are normal attacks, and special attacks, and a direction + button will change the attacks

• Block: There are standing, crouching, and air blocks for their respective attacks

• Throw: To break the opponent out of their throw and gain distance
    So far the game has an Arcade Mode where you fight as Ren battling each of the enemies, and a Versus Mode where you can battle friends or computers.

Graphics
    I used a 3d character creator called VRoid Studio to create 3D chibi style characters that are anime inspired. I also used low poly assets to make the stages. The UI elements are slight edits to the template provided by the Universal Fighting Engine but would like to create my own in the future.

Media

A webGL playable build is uploaded on itch.io
    https://omoide.itch.io/attack-at-the-academy
    I also post on Twitter
    https://twitter.com/omoidearcade

My future goals for the game is to incorporate a story element into the game through the arcade mode and add more stages accordingly. I would love to get some constructive feedbacks and how to reach a wider audience.

Thanks for checking it out!