Search Unity

pc user

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by holmeren, Dec 12, 2006.

1. holmeren

holmeren

Hi yall this is my first post here (Hi)
    I am very excited about unity, I have followed the team through our great danish dev. site www.spiludvikling.dk

Now I moved from the game business to architectural visualizations and Im therefore very interested in making more than "stills" for our costumers!
    I saw "Zero fractals" post looks good!- but my question here is: our OS is 100% xp would I have any problems intranet wise with my colleagues if my station changed to a mac with UNITY and 3ds max 8?

I know its more a mac question sorry!

Cheers

2. taumel

taumel

Well, i can't say that it's my first post anymore but let's try anyway... :O)

Hmm if i've understood you right then you should contact the person who is responsible for your intranet. Theoretically this isn't a problem at all and it should be possible to access as mac under osx as well as a mac under xp or a pc (for 3dsmax) in a intranet infrastructure but as the devil is often behind the details better ask the person who is responsible for your intranet as i said before.

3. Randy-Edmonds

Randy-Edmonds

4. taumel

taumel

Yep but there is quite a difference betwen "it should" and "it will". :O)

5. holmeren

holmeren

I will contact our sys adm.
    Thanx yall

6. MatthewW

MatthewW

I primarily develop on Windows (including using Visual Studio to create all of my C# scripts). You should be able to access your intranet fine, unless you're doing advanced Windows stuff like domain controllers and the like. Definitely check with your sysadmin, though.

Here's the overview of Windows features in OSX: http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/windows/