Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Pc to mac

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mholmes, Mar 9, 2021.

1. mholmes

mholmes

I want to port my existing pc games to mac. I have them built already on my pc. Anyone have video tut or know if I can do this? Do I export my game then re import on the mac or drag drop project and import on mac?

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

You should have your game already in source control, such as git.

Once it's in a git repo on the PC, clone it either to a directory on a thumb or external drive, or push it to an external git server, such as those hosted (free) by Bitbucket, Github or Gitlab (I'm sure there's others.)

Over on the Mac side just use git to clone the repo (off a remote service or else just off a thumb drive), install Unity and open the project, hit Build.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Unity for Windows can already create Mono builds for the Mac. If you're wanting to create IL2CPP builds, or just want your project over on the Mac, you really need to use source control to keep both the PC and Mac copies of the project folder in sync.

But if you're going to just copy the project folder over, all you probably need to do is delete the Library folder once it gets over to the Mac.

4. mholmes

mholmes

When you say library folder you mean the PC version?