Search Unity

Games (PC) Isle Of Carnage

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by warthos3399, Jul 1, 2022.

1. warthos3399

warthos3399

Thnx bro, i love the color grading. Was alot of fun adding more PPE, only one couldnt be added yet, depth of field. This is a 1st person view (think about that), so DOF effected the weapons and lower body (blurring them out). Yes theres a built-in exclusion layer option, but when set, dumps my fps down to 20, ummm, no!. So until i can get this sorted out, DOF isnt currently included (and i have 2 options for DOF: PPE or Beautify).

Such as the life of a dev, solve one problem, and potentially create another, lol. Joking!, im actually having a blast playtesting, as the isle gets more finished, the more fun you have. You learn as you go, what dinos and paramilitary are where, and their aggro range, so you know where to be, and not to be.

Antypodish likes this.
  2. Kreshi

Kreshi

I think you added the wrong image here because it's the same image as the last one :D.
    But the image looks pretty good so.. :D

3. warthos3399

warthos3399

Yes i did, i have so many SS's, need to clean them up, ill make a new post once sorted out, lol.

4. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ok, ive been working on gfx and environment to the point that they are fully optimized, and over 75% of the isle is built. So i want to stop and work on movement/animation, AI, and mechanics of both enemy and controller.

In the SS, you can see ive addressed the road situation/update, by adding a grass texture and grass, randomly to the middle of the road (looks great, but now i have to do all roads around the isle, lol). But the main focus now is the enemy (para-military and dinos). Updates to follow:

current.png

sirleto and Antypodish like this.
  5. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sorry guys, alot of personal/RL issues lately, but work on IOC never stops, lol. I havent posted any updates as im kinda pausing, or taking a step back, and re-evaluating the workflow. Most all of the north coast is finished, and working on south coast of the isle (manually placing trees, rocks, and foliage).

My next step is paramilitary and dino movement/animation, then on to gameplay mechanics. Been working on the "Way Point" system on the Test version (way points, objective actions, markers, etc.). With a bit of code modding, its working nicely, a less cluttered UI is always better :).

Ill post new video or SS's, as soon as i have something substantial to show...

Antypodish likes this.
  6. Antypodish

Antypodish

Hey, how is it going?
    Havent seen any updates on the project pst two months.

Is it still a thing? Or is just. A break :)

warthos3399 likes this.
  7. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sorry for the late reply, IOC is very much a thing. Been insanely busy, just took a contract with a MMO, but thankfully ends next month. In the little time ive had, ive been working on the controller alot (functions, weapons, animations, etc.).

Once the contract is done, ill have alot of free time, and progress will resume. :)

Antypodish likes this.
  8. Antypodish

Antypodish

Ah cool to hear, you all good and sound.
    Been wondering if the project ceesed to progress.

I suppose good luck on the mmo :)

warthos3399 likes this.
  9. warthos3399

warthos3399

Thnx bro, and the same to you and your project :). Ill be done by the 25th of this month with the mmo, cant wait!. IOC is always on my mind, lol.

Antypodish likes this.
  10. warthos3399

warthos3399

Hate to bring up an old thread, but to scratch my HDRP itch (which i cant with Iron And Bone) ive been updating Isle Of Carnage to HDRP when i have spare time. A video i shot tonight on a play test run:

Antypodish and sirleto like this.
  11. Antypodish

Antypodish

So you alive :)

warthos3399 likes this.
  12. warthos3399

warthos3399

Always, Iron And Bone is main game, but still work on IOC when i can, love HDRP :)

13. warthos3399

warthos3399

Wanted to share some info i learned from my mentor. Foliage (trees, plants, etc.) in nature, are not all the same, and they all dont stand up straight like a stop sign. They have different angles and scale.

I made an angle/scale pass through IOC HDRP tonight (SS below). The dino you see is a new raptor model ive been working on, needs animation, texture, and AI work, as he doesnt like to behave, lol.

2nd SS is the new Onyx Raptor (WIP):

Foliage.png

Onyx Raptor.png

Antypodish likes this.