Search Unity

Games (PC) Iron and Bone

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by warthos3399, Aug 3, 2023.

1. warthos3399

warthos3399

Had to share this... been working on characters and needed to update the guards. The patroling guards came out nice!. I changed the look to blend in more with the scene, and the animation/AI is really good (foot placement/animation and model speed).

So now i have patroling and stationary guards. Eye candy:

TeagansDad likes this.
  2. warthos3399

warthos3399

The scope and scale of this game is staggering. Everything you have seen (SS's/video's) is only from 1/3rd of the first island, lol. The workflow is for 4-6 islands, so you can jump on your ship and travel to other islands. Ive been adding new systems and decided to "pull back the view and check it out", i thought i probably dev'ed half the island...umm nope, lol.

Ill be adding 2 new areas (south of the castle), and then cutting down the terrain and shape it. Pull back view:

first island.png

StarSilver22 likes this.
  3. warthos3399

warthos3399

I added Quest Machine tonight, but before it can be implimented i needed to set up UI (names above characters head, etc.) and for that im using TextMeshPro (more control). I also have UI for characters with EmeraldAI, but that will be mostly used for enemy/animal characters.

I have a custom TMP shader which billboards the UI text to always face the camera, but its an overlay shader (meaning you see the UI text through objects). So for now using the stock distance field shader (non-overlay). Ill see if i can add the non-overlay function to that custom billboard shader later on.
    All characters are now basic named/UI (worker, servant, merchants, citizen, king, guard, etc.). Now, "Named" characters will be merchants, quest givers, and part of the story line.

Ive always hated the "over sized" UI text (and health bar) in earlier RPG games. Ive scaled the UI text down a bit (and outlined in black, for now). Next is re-names for certain characters per story line. Current eye candy:

StarSilver22 and khos like this.
  4. warthos3399

warthos3399

Small update (holiday week), significant with good progress:
    • Dialogue System for Unity (dialogue and quests), imported, integrated, and basic setup with Invector controller.
    • Patrolling guards added to needed areas, but remember common folk (workers, crate carriers, building repair, and others) will be added next.
    Heres a short video of the patrolling guards, and ive added "object avoidance" in AI (notice he goes around the other guard when passing) and i can increase its detection radius at any time:

5. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ill be working on these new character's for common folk this long weekend (holiday here, and my birthday). Good base model's, mats/texture's and import/LOD setting's were a mess. They fit the game nicely with 20+ animation's.

We will see if they behave with my AI system, lol. I can convert any static animation to root-motion at will, so i have alot of options. When you add new object's (example: character's/NPC's) they have to "fit the scene" which depends on import/shader/mat settings. SS of current mod/adjusted state:

New commoners.png

StarSilver22 likes this.
  6. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sup guys!, lots of work done this weekend. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!. Heres the current updates:
    • Scene colliders have been added to ships and docks (deep water is deadly), so no commiting suicide, lol.
    • Timber Wolf added, orig model didnt have a normal map, so i created one and has been added.
    • Wild Boar added, only has static in-place animation for now, root animation will be added.
    • Upgraded Emerald AI from 2.0 to 3.0 with some great new added features (including Sound Detection).
    The new pirate character is set up as a "background character", as its not compatable with 2021 and EAI (you can walk through it like it has no collider) and ive tried work arounds but nothing works, lol. Heres a SS of the new charaters, video to follow:

New Additions.png

StarSilver22 likes this.
  7. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sorry for the late update but ive had a nagging problem thats finally solved. I was able to walk through AI (NPC's/Enemy) like they had no collider, not good lol. Thanks to the authors of EmeraldAI and Deckard_89 problem solved. It was bad settings in the physics matrix, which i never check as its auto generated and i never manually change them.

Many new updates will be posted this weekend as ill be adding many more characters (NPC and enemy) before adding in the quests/dialogue system. Early SS of newly added characters:

New characters.png

Deckard_89 likes this.
  8. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sup guys!. Alot of work done in the last 48 hours (thank god i only need 5 hours of sleep a night, lol), heres the update list:
    • 5 new characters added (workers/citizens/servants, etc.).
    • All characters have multiple animation controllers for different actions (cooking, chopping wood, patrolling, talking, etc.).
    • The ship has been moved to the end of the main dock, and other smaller boats added.
    • PPE adjustments made (added AO, backed off DOF just a bit, etc.).
    • Alot of texture/hue adjustments (dialing in the look).
    Looking good and no optimization has been done yet (damn you devs who say "build it first, optimize later", lol). When i do ill be using 4 main tools, object pooler/mesh combiner/ object activator by distance (from camera), and a mesh optimizer/decimator. Once the island/scene is done, ill chunk stream the terrain with SECTR. Eye candy:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    StarSilver22 likes this.
  9. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sorry guys my rig went down from a faulty PSU, which killed my CPU and MB. Got lucky installed a new PSU and actually found the exact CPU and MB i had!. No installing drivers or anything, put em in and boot up, lol.

Ill be posting updates this weekend, alot of enemy has been added (full AI), root motion has been giving me a bit of a prob so ill be working on that the next few nights :)

10. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ive added a new Wild Boar model, higher detail and more animations than other model. Love the turning animation, works well with EmeraldAI system. Heres the latest updates from tonight:
    • NavMesh has been expanded and covers more of the terrain than before.
    • Wolves have been added in new areas.
    • The Spider Cave has been populated, also with a giant spider boss and teasure chest in the end room.
    Video of the new Wild Boar model in action:

khos likes this.
  11. warthos3399

warthos3399

Merry Christmas! Made alot of progress during the holiday break. Heres some of the updates and a current/WIP playstate video:
    • New GUI with dust particle effects and custom mouse overs with audio.
    • HUD has been added and started custom work (invector base).
    • Lootable treasure chests are in-game.
    Im currently working on 2 new models, inventory UI and frustom culling system.

12. warthos3399

warthos3399

Per workflow, a compass has been added. Simple and aids the player with quests and self location. Blends in well, adjusted to fit scene (top right corner):

Compass.png

13. warthos3399

warthos3399

New character added: this is actually a model ive had for years but never used it, until now. This is the Lizardman race which was here before pirates/humans, but has been awakened by Henry Morgan (main characters father), BlackBeard, Calico Jack, and Samuel Bellamy. SS with video to follow later:

Lizard Race.png

14. warthos3399

warthos3399

This is the new portal system, some portals you destroy and some you use. These will be denoted by color, example: white/blue portals destroy (to keep enemy from porting in), green: useable (local fast travel):

15. warthos3399

warthos3399

New Rock Golem character added, think you guys will like this one. You wont see him at first, as he idles/starts as a pile of rock, and even after death, returns to a pile of rock, lol.

I set him up in a undeveloped area for testing, and heres a video of the test. Animations are good (adjusted a few), new rock textures/materials added, will be in AI by tomorrow night:

16. warthos3399

warthos3399

Im still alive, lol. Been working on the last town on the 1st island (so 2 new areas were added, saurien teleport area, and last town). Now ive also set up the workflow for the 2nd island, as well as a general system:
    • World Map: pressing "M" will bring up a world map with islands you can sail to (working on UI textures, elements, etc.).
    • 2nd Island: very different, bright sun/tropical with sunken ships, waterfalls, beach and treasure.
    Once i finish setting up the last town, over 50% of the orig terrain will be developed, so ill be cutting down the rest of the terrain, making it a smaller island (planned). Ill have more updates this weekend, heres a SS of the last town (WIP):

Last Town.png

17. warthos3399

warthos3399

Heres a SS of the new town almost finished, i decided to also show my normal view of the editor. For big projects it pays to have a very organized heirarchy, heres mine.

Unity 2021.3.27f1 (LTS) users. The other night out of no where i started getting multiple yellow flagged "the referenced script (unknown) on this behaviour is missing" errors, the problem is selecting the error wouldnt highlight the problem object (in heirarchy/project) and log files were no help.

So with a bit of research i found many have run into this prob. Some said corrupt scene file, some an "invisible" object, etc. In my case (and probably for alot of others) the answer was unpack all prefabs, lol. The way prefabs are created, and act is what gave me the idea. Bam! all errors gone.

Hopefully this helps someone in the same situation...

New Town Editor.png

18. warthos3399

warthos3399

Im considering the idea of updating IAB to HDRP. Ive been working on a HDRP project where my job is creating the main player controller, very cool with more action (parkour, rolls, double jumps, etc.). I also have a unknown HDRP project of my own ive been working on and im really enjoying.

It may be time to switch to HD game dev, ill be doing my usual cloud and hardcopy backups tomorrow, then ill be setting up a copy of IAB and updating to HDRP as a test. Theres alot to think of/plan and do, as IAB is a large project (very heavy object count).

marteko likes this.
  19. marteko

marteko

Great, you're making progress! Yes, I think it's a good idea! If I were making such kind of game, I would also switch to HDRP.

warthos3399 likes this.
  20. warthos3399

warthos3399

I have to share this even though i wasnt planning to, lol. While working on Isle Of Carnage i was working on another game (small studio) and i learned how a team of 18-20 people develop a game. At that time i needed to dev a scene to show what i learned with the engine (in-house engine), and thats where Iron And Bone came about.

I was always planning on updating Isle Of Carnage to HDRP, and i did. The only challenge was shaders for foliage. Currently ive updated IAB to HDRP all went great, still working on foliage shaders, lol. Heres a video of the IOC HDRP project (been on my Unity Hub project list a while) havent touched it in months but has a solid workflow base to start with, and IAB would be great in HDRP:

marteko likes this.
  21. anszwa

anszwa

Very interesting project. Do you make your models yourself and if so, which program do you use?

Regarding your criticism of Risen 2, I have to say that that's a bit unfair, because this project was quite successful and what's more, it was a finished long and fun game. Also the developers wrote the entire engine themselves.

For example, making fun of the lack of cloth animations when you "only" use features provided for you seems a bit arrogant, I have to say. The jump in risen wasn't the focus and, apart from the climbing mechanics, it wasn't needed either.

I don't want to start a debate, but I have great respect for teams that didn't have the same advantage as us back then. Thanks to an engine like Unity, we only have to deal with the last 5% of the work if you start from scratch.

That said, I wish you much success!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  22. warthos3399

warthos3399

Wasnt criticizing the Risen series, and your point is well taken. In Risen 2 the jump just bothers me (i actually killed the keystroke so it doesnt work), they would have been better off not including it at all, lol. I play Risen 2 and 3 alot, love the series. No need for debate here, theres not enough rpg games like Risen/Gothic which is another reason i started IAB.

Some of the models are from the asset store and some are my own, all are heavily modded to fit the look of the project. Modeling prog...hands down Blender. I used to use 3DXMax but Blender to me is much more forgiving, and im used to it. Once in a while i use UModeler right inside the editor for quick things (basic geometry).

Right now im working on the HDRP version of IAB, and im in "shader hell" lol. When you upgrade a project of this scale/size to HDRP its not easy due to the sheer number of objects alone. I have a high end rig, and still i cant "upgrade all project materials to HDRP" at once, it gets to like 70% and stops (due to running out of memory) lol. No prob i just upgrade materials in smaller groups.

Hope you have a project yourself and your having fun!. Thank you :)

23. anszwa

anszwa

Sounds very interesting and also really difficult, given the scale of your project. In any case, good luck and thanks for the informations about your modeling tools.

Yes, I've also had a small project running for a few months, also inspired by the Gothic series (Gothic 1 is my absolute favorite game alongside the Legacy of Kain series). But there isn't enough there to want to show it off.

But I work with 2D pixel art because it's the only art form that I can somehow manage myself xD

Good luck with all the shader stuff, I hope you succeed!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    warthos3399 likes this.
  24. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sup everyone! Sorry for being so late with info, but the update to HDRP hasnt been so good, and is taking more time then i can afford. So i needed to get back to work on the game. The last town is now finished, and ive cut down the island terrain size (SS below). All went nice and ill be filling in the undeveloped edges of the island this week. Ive also started work on the 2nd island (bright/sunny environment).

The HDRP upgrade probs are probably due to how large the scene is and high object count. The upgrade took quite a while, and went well. Then out of nowhere the sky Cloud Layer stopped working (couldnt fix it), and i had repeated HDRP assets (you see in ther HDRP Wizard) disappearing (had to "Fix"/reset every time i opened the project). I expected shader issues, but not core HDRP issues. IAB will stay a BuiltIn project, i cant waste anymore time.

island shape.png

25. warthos3399

warthos3399

Been working on island 2!, sunny/tropical environment. This is a small island not many inhabitants, a "treasure island" type. Heres a WIP SS of the arrival dock area, so much to do but looking nice!.

Ill be honest, i tried to update IAB to HDRP several times/ways but i believe if you didnt start a project in HDRP to begin with, then its not worth the time to try, lol. The look/feel and sheer number of options available with BuiltIn wins the game...

Island 2 WIP.png

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    StarSilver22 likes this.
  26. warthos3399

warthos3399

This is Talmut Cove on the 2nd island, its where the S.S.Talmut ran aground during a storm. You learn from the few habitants that the Saurien's have set up a small base on the western side of the island.

I have to start revealing the storyline as i dev, as it ties the islands and relationships together. This island is tropical, so 4-5 new foliage models have been added (kapok trees, coconut palms, etc,). WIP SS of the progress:

Talmut Cove.png

27. warthos3399

warthos3399

I was optimizing the 1st island tonight and wanted to touch on a subject some devs forget about...colliders. When i basicly finish a scene i always make a "delete colliders" pass. We all tend to not think of them as they are not seen.

Example: the character controller isnt going to reach or interact with anything higher than his height or objects out of reach, so delete those colliders (tops of trees, tops of buildings, etc.) as everything Unity renders or computes will have a performance cost (and mesh colliders are the most costly). Only use colliders when needed and keep them simple (box, sphere, capsule, etc.) and avoid mesh colliders as much as possible.

I deleted 100's of colliders (most were mesh) and gained fps and lowered ms. So please dont forget about colliders, look at your game and delete those colliders that are not needed :)

28. warthos3399

warthos3399

Worked on island 2 tonight, added foliage to show the workflow between the ship and the only 2 habitated areas on the east coast. Youll also notice on one of the jumps the way the controller handles high height landings.

No UI or ambient music yet (WIP) but love the sharp shadows and bright environment. Theres 2 trails on the left, one leads to the shipwreck the other to the saurien camp. Eye candy:

29. warthos3399

warthos3399

For the past 4-5 years using Unity my optimization workflow has been: static batch all rocks/ foliage (non moving objects), and gpu instance characters/mobs/npcs (moving objects). The idea is to balance cpu/gpu load.

You know your achieving your goal when you playtest and look at your stats window and the fps/ms is steady (and the numbers dont fluctuate wildly up and down). This is your balance point. So (per project) always aim for steady numbers, try both static batching and gpu instancing on your objects to find the balance.

This is where occlusion culling/frustum culling comes into the workflow. Now we all know that Unity (sorry guys) has "shot themselves in the foot" as far as OC, and the system/software used is old (not updated) and in most cases using OC actually hurts performance.

Frustum culling is the best use-case answer. Frustum culling shuts off objects rendering and their scripts per camera view/radius. Right now island 2 is running at a steady 57 fps/17 ms, and i havent added frustum culling or chunk-streaming of terrain yet, lol. Hope this info helps someone...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  30. warthos3399

warthos3399

You knew they were coming (come on, pirate game... skeletons), lol. There will be different types of skeletons, some with armor some without, some dead (like on island 1) etc. This is the base class skeleton (sword/shield) still needs work but they are in-game and starting out nicely.

I need to adjust turn animation (speed/angle) and see if it works with root motion conversion. The exact controller used on island 1 is in island 2, so all PPE and other camera effects are the same, just need to be adjusted to a brighter environment:

31. StarSilver22

StarSilver22

hey, it's me again and I'm very glad your sharing information on performance and optimization. last month I started on an open world survival game and currently It's suffering from lag problems I might be a little out of my league with this genre, but I'll push though somehow.
    but man, your scenes look great, and the animation are very smooth. just thought I'd let you know your advice will help me. :)

warthos3399 likes this.
  32. warthos3399

warthos3399

Hey StarSilver22 ! good to see you and thanks, i try to post things that may help others when i can. Nice to hear your active with a project :)

You should see the armored skeletons ive been working on, lol. Ive also been working on ghosts which plays a role in the storyline. They are not enemy, they are remnants of the past sending a message.

If you need any help, just send me a DM here, be glad to help if you need it...

33. warthos3399

warthos3399

I made an audio pass tonight as i just needed to have the base-line audio set up. So youll hear the ocean at the coast (per camera distance), and it fades as you move in-land.

So now that PPE and audio have been set up, its time to work on the saurien camp/teleport area on the west end of the island. Ill be working on the actual lizardman/saurien model for the next few nights. Ear candy:

petercoleman likes this.
  34. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi warthos3399,

Some great progress there. Looking good.

I guess you have a lot more to do looking at the Game potential with scope for a lot of various Game Play concepts and ideas and I hope that you will continue with equal dedication that is shown to date until you finish the game...

I know it can be very hard work :)

Kind regards

Peter

warthos3399 likes this.
  35. warthos3399

warthos3399

One thing i can say about IAB it really is fun to develop and doesnt feel like a chore (like UE and some in-house engines). All assets for the project are pre-optimized/pre-fabed/pre-modded so i can concentrate on level design and just tweak things here and there.

Yes the game potential and scope is big but do-able (as solo-dev). I love pirate lore, stories, and history, makes a great storyline.

Thank you petercoleman for the comments, IAB will be developed to release, but im still fighting what all us devs do...time.

petercoleman likes this.
  36. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi warthos3399,

I love Pirates too. I have some in my Hack and Slash project which is currently stuck on an old computer as recently I opened a copy on my current dev machine in the latest version of Unity I use and Unity trashed it so I have to take care of any functional copies I still have and try again later. I would love to get on and continue developing it but as you say time is against us.

I look forward to following the development of your Game.

Kindest regards

Peter

37. warthos3399

warthos3399

Heres a short video of the WIP saurien camp on the 2nd island, ive changed the lava texture on the ground of the teleporter to a more realistic lava. To the right of the teleporter youll see a stone altar (unfinished), im currently modeling parts for the altar. The sauriens would worship a famous saurien or ancestor, so im working on a saurien skull/headress type idol:

38. warthos3399

warthos3399

I spent the weekend starting work on Island 3. Island 2 is almost finished (just a few small things to add). Im cutting back a bit on showing ALL of the game, as if i show it all, then there wont be any surprises...

Island 2 has a newly added area (in the NW) that youll find on your own. Besides the 6 islands you can sail to and explore, theres going to be 3 elemental towers (fire/earth/water). To complete the game you must visit and kill the boss from each tower.

Example: posts ago (while making island 1) i showed a SS of the new Rock Golem NPC, he will be the boss in the earth tower, and alot larger (there will be smaller versions of him in game also). Ill have SS or video in the next few days...

39. warthos3399

warthos3399

This is the base terrain for island 3. Theres a reason i chose this design, as a pirate you had to behave visiting here as if you didnt, you wouldnt make it out alive. You have to enter/dock inside the large cove, so its a protected inlet/outlet, even pirates like a safehaven, lol.

This is a decent sized island with alot of possibilities, alot of fun and storyline to be had. Hint: if you look at the cove, the dock/harbortown will be on the west side of the cove:

Island3.png

40. StarSilver22

StarSilver22

thanks for the offer sorry it took so long for me to replay. I've been so busy I haven't barely even worked on my own game lol (that's a fake laugh btw)

Did you mean if I need help to say so on this forum page, or to click on your profile and start a conversation?

love the looks of the new Island can't wait to see what you have in store for it :D

41. warthos3399

warthos3399

If you need help click on my profile and start a conversation. You keep mentioning "little out of my league" and your post count is low so ill guess your kinda new, lol...dont worry.

Thanks for the comment! i started outlining the harbor tonight, this island has a bigger harbor town than the 1st island (an intro island), so alot is planned. Now per-storyline this is an important island.

Heres a WIP SS of the start of the harbor area, so many endless possibilities, lol:

Island 3 begining.png

42. warthos3399

warthos3399

Worked for a few hours tonight, now per-workflow any island you see an arch-way like this means 2 things: Important main storyline/quest info, or lots of treasure. Visual cues play a big role...

Please remember the Unity Engine itself is CPU intensive so use GPU instancing (if needed, per project/situation) to improve/balance performance. So far ive not needed to use it, as correct static batching has done well. There are conditions for static batching (model import settings: Read/Write on, etc.) so make sure your models/mats are correctly set up for static batching.

Current WIP progress:

Screenshot - 3_14_2024 , 12_18_19 AM.png

43. warthos3399

warthos3399

Very early WIP video of the 3rd island, im still amazed at what the BuiltIn renderer can do...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  44. warthos3399

warthos3399

Workflow info so you understand the procedures i follow for IAB. This is what i was taught: You must have a "plan"/workflow for your project and it will be changed and refined as you progress. Yea, he was right, lol. Heres my short list without elaberation...
    • Build the islands(6)/towers(3).
    • Add AI and enemy/NPCs.
    • Add teleporters/fast travel.
    • Add loot chests/treasure.
    • Once islands/towers are finished use top-down SS's to develop a Map or travel map.
    • Add combat and interactions.
    • Add questing and dialogue systems.
    • Add cut-scenes (island to island travel scenes, interaction scenes with NPC's, etc.).
    • Complete UI (settings/options/menu, etc.).
    • Final optimization/preps.
    As a solo dev, developing IAB (really a small team based/scale project), ive done well so far. Bummer is i cant fire anyone, lol. Island 3 has drasticly changed and is looking great: added warehouses, inn/brothel, civilian houses, cannon bases at cove entrance, and more. Video this weekend...

45. warthos3399

warthos3399

Get this, i have a youtube channel as a repository for videos i show in updates here. Lots of great comments, but a few of the public comments are almost a joke or meme, lol (and i quote):
    • "It's looking like Risen, it is Risen or some kind of TES mod ?"
    • "Youtube says this is Skyrim footage."
    • "It's obvious you never tried to make a game so refrain from being a jackass."
    • "Not sure if early alpha or Skyrim."
    • "Is it pirates of the carribean game?."
    Ok so now im accused of being a modder, a Skyrim hacker/modder, a jackass that is not a game developer, or developing a pirates of the carribean game, lol. This is how stupid people can be. I dont hide, and i provide alot of info, this is 2024, you can easily research me (who i am, what ive done, Unity, YouTube, FB, etc.).

Ill take the Risen and Skyrim references... (as IAB is inspired by the Risen series) Thank you, lol. The rest is called "laziness" or "not doing your homework"...

StarSilver22 likes this.
  46. warthos3399

warthos3399

Sorry the video is late, but alot of work has been done to island 3, and i wanted to show more progress :)
    • Cannon towers have been set up on both sides of the cove inlet, each tower has 9 cannons (3 per side).
    • Harbor holding area (cargo/supplies) added.
    • Many NPC's added (roving/stationary guards, citizens, etc.).
    • Rotated the skybox to line up with directional light angle (almost forgot about that one, lol).
    • Re-design of the Inn interior, and working on Governors house.
    • Many props added.
    I love this point in the game dev workflow. Because by now all assets for the game have been made/setup/pre-optimized/prefabbed/etc. I can now concentrate on level/scene design, may have to custom model here and there, or modify something, but for the most part the hard work is done:

47. warthos3399

warthos3399

Worked on island 3's harbor tonight, im really loving the sharp shadows and camera effects (PPE and Beautify combo). This is what the BuiltIn renderer is capable of, and more...

It might not be HDRP, but its close and has a nice feel/look to it. SS of tonights work:

Island 3 Harbor WIP.png

48. warthos3399

warthos3399

My work for the weekend, spread out and expand. Theres now 4 ways out of harbor town, 2 in the south leading to the cannon towers, and 2 to the north leading to their respective sides (east/west).

Currently running at 60-80 fps with no optimization done, as the scene progresses ill add in Frustum Culling. Heres a top down SS to show paths added/direction, etc.

Path Plan.png

49. warthos3399

warthos3399

I have to explain the next SS of island 3. Ive set up the fortress/castle to the north of harbor town on a mountain top. Alot of work done, heres the updates:
    • Updated the house texture (game-wide), as it had a plaster white look on the outside walls (check earlier SS's). Now looks the way i intended. I know some of you saw them and said umm that looks like crap because even i did, lol. Just now got around to getting it done.
    • This fortress is a new one with an octagon type shape, new textures/models, and the archers (that will be introduced soon) have full access to all walls and towers.
    • Fountains have been added, no special function though i can add that at any point.
    Video will follow, as im currently adding rocks, plants, characters, particle effects, etc.:

island 3 fortress.png

50. warthos3399

warthos3399

I love this SS. This is from the island 1 fortress, looking at the inn (with the new outside wall texture). Goes to show ya, just one texture update can change the whole look of the project, lol.

I met my goal (workflow-wise), this is exactly what i wanted for the buildings outer walls. It just looks good, the colors and textures mesh or fit well together:

Island 1 Inn.png

petercoleman likes this.