Search Unity

PBR Mobile Questions!!! Answer is very appreciated!

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by EETechnology, Sep 27, 2016.

1. EETechnology

EETechnology

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post!
    I am trying to test some things for Mobile Development, so i made some sample assets! I have 2 Questions!
    1. Lets say i have a building, 100 polycount, textured with PBR Specular Workflow! I want to make a big city for MOBILE platform, anywhere aboveAndroid 4.4. Visible to the camera will be not more than 20 buildings at the same time(+ some fog). Do you guys think i can get a decent performance on Mobile??? I am aiming for somewhere to 50FPS!

2. Can I bake a modell(Building in this case), having the PBR Shader, so the light wont be dynamic(realtime) but baked for this model(I know i can do that for other types of shaders, but im not sure about PBR). And if thats possible, what boost do you think it will give to the game?

I am really thankful to everyone who read this post!

A Billion thanks for help in advance!!!

2. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

Is there any reason you need a PBR shader? Why not a Mobile Diffuse shader?

Also, I don't see why you can't test this yourself, but showing 20 buildings is something any device can handle.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am using this workflow now.... 1. Unwrap all building uvs, bake textures, put as many building types, per 2K texture atlas as I can (usually 4),

2. In photoshop I Pack that into two textures , cavity , occlusion and albedo, muliplied , and roughness/gloss in that alpha channel, then any remaining texture can go into the alpha of the normal. Custom shader then can extract those into a 2 pass pbr shader.

3. bake lighting

4. Combine buildings by material in reasonable chunks,(I use MeshBaker grid select) less than 64k tris.....but high res buildings, with interiors, this becomes much more difficult with LODs, and tileable textures..

I am getting good frame rates on my low end android, but I never go over 100 passes!

Good luck

Patrick

AshwinTheGammer and DroidifyDevs like this.