Search Unity

PB face selection tool doesn't reset selection when reselecting (1161994)

Discussion in 'World Building' started by dgoyette, Jun 11, 2019.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

Reported as bug #1161994.

Normally, clicking on a face will cause just that face to be selected. But if you do this after you select a different object, then clicking on the face will append that face to the previous selection. This is bad, as I often have large objects, and often I click on faces and find I have other faces still selected somewhere else on the model.

Here's a visual to show what I mean:

PbSelectionIssue.gif

The expected behavior is that clicking on the face would reset selection just to that one face. That's actually what happens if you select the "Plain Old Cube" in the scene view instead of in the hierarchy view. It's just that selecting via the hierarchy view messes things up somehow.

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Thanks for submitting that, plus the extra info! Found this post a bit late, looks like team is already aware of the bug and should have a fix on the way :)

dgoyette likes this.
  3. dgoyette

dgoyette

Just curious if this is still being looked at. This bug bites me several times a day, often in really obnoxious ways where I'll find I've moved some verts from the other side of the level, without realizing it for a long time, making it hard to fix the moved geometry. I'm not sure if there's a way to "vote" for issues, if that still exists or not, but this one's at the top of my list. Thanks. :)

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey! I thought this one got a fix already - but no, not yet. Looks like it somehow got applied user pain of 6 only - that's incorrect. I'm bumping it up now, that's a nasty one.

dgoyette likes this.