Search Unity

Payout receiver

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Maklaud, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Maklaud

Maklaud

HI All!

I'm new to UAS and I would like to sell some cool tools. I've already created a new publisher - its info has only a title and my nick-name, not a real name. And my Unity account is also a nick-name.

And now I opened the Payout tab in the publisher.assetstore and here we are - I can see some fields about the real person - name, address etc. And here is the main question - who should be this person?

E.g. if I don't have a bank account, can I manage all the technical stuff (like create and pulish my tools), but set any of my friends to be a receiver? He/she will get the money and pay the tax.

Thanks for any advice!

2. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Why not just create a PayPal account and make Unity pay you directly?

It's probably best that if you're selling the asset, it's your information that should be filled in.

3. Maklaud

Maklaud

We don't have PayPal in our country.

4. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

So what about you let your friend set up the whole account and fill out the information, but then he gives you the login details so you can handle the rest like the actual publishing?

5. Maklaud

Maklaud

Yeah, it's possible, of course. And that's why I'm asking that to know all the necessary details and possible ways at start.

6. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Yeah for sure that's allowed. Development teams do that all the time. For example the duo behind ProBuilder probably used to have 1 guy fill in all the details but they both operated the account.

7. Maklaud

Maklaud

So let me know the final details, please. Do I understand it correctly, that now it's enough for me to just have my Unity account and my Publisher account without any personal data, create and upload some tools and start selling them. And only then, when we have some sells and some money to get, either of us can fullfill private data and get the money?

8. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

No, first fill in the data and then start selling the assets.

9. Maklaud

Maklaud

Could you tell me, please, which exactly data is mandatory to start selling? I created a publisher and filled all the mandatory fields, and now I can add a new package with no real data like my name or address. I see these real data fields on the Payout tab, but I don't gen money now, so I don't need to fill this data now. I'm confused :)

10. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Alright so I'm assuming you have a first name, last name, email address and phone number. So you can fill in everything in the info tab. I see you have a website but in case you don't, you can create a Unity Connect page.

Then in the payout tab you can fill in your first name, last name, then maybe 'LaBee games' in the organization field. I just use my own name in the organization field.

You can also fill out an address. I haven't filled out a VAT number since I don't have one.

So you can basically fill in everything you need.

Then for payout select 'none' if you want to but I really don't get the issue.

So you want to start selling but you don't have a place for Unity to send you the money to. So you have to pick another way to receive the money. So your option is PayPal but you don't have that in your country, and the other option is by wire but you don't have a bank account. So you suggested that you use the bank account of a friend, so just fill in the 'wire' form with the information from your friend (the IBAN, bank name,...).

If you're going to sell assets on the store I don't understand why you would want to wait for an initial sale before filling out the information about Unity paying you. I'm pretty sure you could fill in the bank information after you generated sales but I don't get the point.

If I'm not getting your issue, please try to explain it again or maybe contact Unity themselves?

11. Maklaud

Maklaud

Thanks, I could only now read your post and agree with you. Maybe I'm just a bit confused about where I can leave my nick-name and where it's better to fill my real name. Like publisher info - seems I don't need my real name there, becase I use my 'company' name (not a real company, actually, just my publisher name).

I wanted to contact Unity, but didn't find a proper place for that kind of questions. Thanks for you help!

12. Maklaud

Maklaud

Very interesting...

I have Unity 2018.1.6. Imported the Asset Store Tools - and Unity sais that these tools use obsolete API. Really, Unity???

Following this tutorial -

There is no menu item Asset Store Tools - Package Manager, but there is Asset Store Tools - Package Upload. I press it and trying to log in and can't. I already tried my login name, my publisher name, and it fails every time.

13. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

You'd be better of anyways uploading your asset using Unity 2017.1 or even lower to make sure people using those versions can also use your asset.

14. Maklaud

Maklaud

Wow, that's a surprise.
    Is it possible to have a few versions of Unity? O should I use a few PCs for that?

15. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

16. Maklaud

Maklaud

Well, I'm truing 2017.1.4 and have the same - another Asset Store Tools menu structure and I can't login here:

upload_2018-7-2_19-45-31.png

I have just reset my password and can't login with it anyway. Why?

17. Mauri

Mauri

Use your email address in the 'Username' field instead of your actual username.

18. Maklaud

Maklaud

Thanks, now it helped. But I'm totally sure I tried email before and couldn't login :)

Anyway, don't know what to do then. I have another menu than in the tutorial video. And nothing to select in the opened window (no packages).

19. Maklaud

Maklaud

Here is the screen. Couldn't paste it in the previous message, sorry.

upload_2018-7-2_20-47-21.png

20. Mauri

Mauri

Inside your Publisher backend ( https://publisher.assetstore.unity3d.com/ ), click on the "Packages" tab.
    Then click the "Create New Package" button that is located on the top right. Carefully fill out everything
    you see there, upload your key images, etc...

Back in Unity, you should now see your newly created Package under the "Package Upload" window.
    If it's not there, sign out (via "Asset Store Logout") and sign in back again to refresh.

21. Maklaud

Maklaud

Now I got the sequence of actions, thanks!