Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Payments

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Daniel FF, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Daniel FF

Daniel FF

Has anyone had any experience with delays in payment from apple? I have not received sales of November, December and January, my account and bank information are all correct.

I sent an email to them 4 days ago but got no response.

Any idea?

Thankk you!

2. IPete

IPete

ola,

You have to have enough money in the account to be paid, I think the regional water level is $250 or more, before they write a cheque. So if in any region you know you have more than $250 in an account then you can expect that money, 30 days after the last day of the month when it went above $250. Phew! I think thats correct anyway.

3. Daniel FF

Daniel FF

Hi Peter, thanks for reply,

I have a lot more than $250 to receive, I dont know what to do,
    this really is putting my business at risk.

thx!

4. goat

goat

As a developer with alot more than $250 you should contact Developer Apple Support directly to resolve the issue. They've always been prompt when I ask for help.

As an aside I get an email from them today which should be of interest to those that claim their is no size limit over cellular links:

We would like to make you aware of the following:

Required iPhone iPod touch Screenshot Upgrade for Retina Display

When you create or update your apps in iTunes Connect, you must upload screenshots that are high-resolution. We require your screenshots as high-resolution images so that your app is optimized for the Retina display.

The requirements for high-resolution images are 960 x 640, 960 x 600, 640 x 960, or 640 x 920 pixels. Images must be at least 72 dpi, in the RGB color space, and the file must be .jpeg, .jpg, .tif, .tiff, or .png. You can update your screenshot files at any time in iTunes Connect.

New Notification for Binaries Exceeding Cellular Network Download Size Limit

Admin and Technical users will now be notified if your resulting binary size for the App Store exceeds the cellular network download size limit of 20MB. Exceeding the limit requires your app to be downloaded over Wi-Fi. This information can help you determine if you want to resubmit your binary in order to reduce the size of your app.

Regards,
    The App Store team

5. VIC20

VIC20

This is not true, I get the money from all regions each month and it is just about 100 EUR together :(

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Haven't been paid yet here either so you're not going mad. I think it is just a general apple delay in payment. Sometimes they will depending on where you are (we are in the UK).

7. VIC20

VIC20

I've got paid 5 days ago as usual. Do you get the money from Apple Luxembourg in the UK or is that for eurozone only?

8. SteveJ

SteveJ

@DanielFF - if you haven't received the last THREE months payments though, you should definitely contact Apple. Especially if each one exceeded the minimum amount for payment.

For what it's worth, no delays in Australia - I receive mine on the 1st or 2nd of every month almost like clockwork these days.

9. VIC20

VIC20

So all Apps must support retina resolution now? (no screenshots without retina support)

10. Daniel FF

Daniel FF

Hippocoder, how long you're not receiving?

Thank all for replys, I will try contact Developer Apple Support

11. Moonjump

Moonjump

Thank you for that info. I'll no longer have to spend the time during submission worrying if the release is going to be under or over 20 MB. Now I get a warning. That is good news.

And on the original subject: Daniel, were you getting paid before those months? Or are these your first ever payments? If you have never had a payment before, then a problem with your banking details is a possibility. If fact it is possible anyway, as the banking contracts are occasional updated. If you don't agree to the new conditions, then payments probably won't go through. And as there was an update in November, that could be the problem.

12. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It's a month overdue here but it might just be general confusion on my part since the accountant deals with all. I will go peek at the bank tomorrow.

13. Daniel FF

Daniel FF

Yes, I already received payments before,
    and I believe that contracts are ok, but I'll check again,

thanks for the help.

14. gambit

gambit

Just curious, what happens if you don't meet the $250 mark? Does it roll over to the next month or do you lose it?

15. cmasterenko

cmasterenko

It keeps rolling until you get to that $250 mark.

16. Mark-Sweeney

Mark-Sweeney

DId Apple change the minimum payment threshold? It used to be if all your sales combined exceeded $150 US, you got paid, or it rolled over to the next months.

I had problems with payments recent (all sorted out now). It turned out I had the wrong branch number for my account, yet 14 payments went through OK. My bank was looking up the information from the Apple wire transfer and depositing it to the right account, but didn't let me know about this, or that they were going to stop it. So suddenly, no payment received for December. Got it straightened out, but didn't receive the payment until Feb (returned payment didn't get through until iTunes Connect office was closed for a week in Dec.