Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Payload Too Large error

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by antoniorobertoarcaju, Jan 28, 2024.

1. antoniorobertoarcaju

antoniorobertoarcaju

I have three .rc files (dungeons.rc, heroes.rc, remote-config.rc) in a folder called RemoteConfig.
    Their respective file size is: 2.4Mb, 4Kb, 1.7Mb
    When I try to deploy this remote config files through ugs client ($ugl deploy ./RemoteConfig) I got the error below (Payload Too Large).
    The problem is that even if I sum up all files size it's way less than 5Mb. Also the RemoteConfig on my environment is clean (no configs).
    Does anyone have any ideia what's the problem is ?

Successfully deployed the following files:
    '/Users/antonio/Workspace/template-unity-cloud/RemoteConfig/dungeons.rc' - Status: UpdateConfigInternalAsync failed: {"status":413,"title":"Payload Too Large","requestId":"06fbe24e-a511-477b-8760-b6f2f63adb6a","detail":"Maximum JSON body size limit of 5MB is exceeded.","code":61,"type":"https://services.docs.unity.com/docs/errors#61"} - Unknown Error
    '/Users/antonio/Workspace/template-unity-cloud/RemoteConfig/heroes.rc' - Status: UpdateConfigInternalAsync failed: {"status":413,"title":"Payload Too Large","requestId":"06fbe24e-a511-477b-8760-b6f2f63adb6a","detail":"Maximum JSON body size limit of 5MB is exceeded.","code":61,"type":"https://services.docs.unity.com/docs/errors#61"} - Unknown Error
    '/Users/antonio/Workspace/template-unity-cloud/RemoteConfig/remote-config.rc' - Status: UpdateConfigInternalAsync failed: {"status":413,"title":"Payload Too Large","requestId":"06fbe24e-a511-477b-8760-b6f2f63adb6a","detail":"Maximum JSON body size limit of 5MB is exceeded.","code":61,"type":"https://services.docs.unity.com/docs/errors#61"} - Unknown Error
    Created:
    Key 'Dungeons' in '/Users/antonio/Workspace/template-unity-cloud/RemoteConfig/dungeons.rc'
    Key 'Heroes' in '/Users/antonio/Workspace/template-unity-cloud/RemoteConfig/heroes.rc'
    Key 'Skills' in '/Users/antonio/Workspace/template-unity-cloud/RemoteConfig/remote-config.rc'

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Like I said in tge other thread: this is game data, not config data. ;)

3. GabKBelmonte

GabKBelmonte

Unity Technologies

Hey,
    I'll reach out to the RC team, I'm part of the Developer experience team, in charge of the Deployment Window and CLI and "Deploy" functionality.

The .RC format is significantly simplified relative to the payload that the admin API needs, the payload could be 2x, or 3x the size, as it specifies a lot of meta-data.
    If you're comfortable, PM me the files and we can try to debug them on our end.

To build on CodeSmile, the better way to address this would be CCD, where you can host assets of arbitrary side, but I will also make sure your feedback makes it to the RC team.

If you have additional feedback on your CLI/ Deployment window experience, or any ideas on how you would like to use CCD with the CLI / deployments, please let me know too :)

Cheers!

4. antoniorobertoarcaju

antoniorobertoarcaju

I see guys, thanks for the reply.