Search Unity

Feature Request Patterns implemented on rule tile.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Guilhem_was_taken, Jul 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guilhem_was_taken

Guilhem_was_taken

Hello,
    I just wanna post this because I think it would be great if the Rule Tiles feature had a possibility to create patterns of several different tiles. For example, patterns of 2 tiles that follow each other before going to another random pattern of tiles. I think it would add a ton of depth and details possibility to the games you can create. I know this is theoretically possible with Custom Rule Tiles but I think this would be great if it were implemented in the actual Rule Tile editor, like the Random tiles is implemented directly in the Rule tile.

If my explanation isn't clear, here's an example (see image). Here, you can see for the vertical left border tiles that the first 1 "combos" into the 2nd, the 3rd, the 4th, the 5th but not the 6th. Only the 5th "combos" into the 6th. There are also different corners for every vertical and horizontal combinations. There are a ton of other combinations here that would work only with this feature. I also think this feature would allow the artist to be more creative when creating the tilemap because he would be allowed to have more different tiles that have the same purpose.
    That said, it's already great to be able to do this with the Custom Rule Tiles. Also, if this feature already exists in a later version of the 2D-extras-masters 2, I am sincerely sorry for this Thread. I can't download the latest versions anymore because of my MAC' s current version.

Thank you for reading this long thread.

Attached Files:

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Wrong forum, locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.