Search Unity

Pathfinding Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by limdorn, Apr 8, 2014.

1. limdorn

limdorn

Hi Zelek.
    I´m working hard to add support for 2D with local avoidance.
    Please , be patience .

MoonbladeStudios likes this.
  2. limdorn

limdorn

Hi everybody.
    Good news! Soon will be ready PATHFINDING ENGINE V2.0.
    I upload a web-demo where you can found a multilayered map of 400x400 tiles where you move 2000 units.
    The new version will have 2D support.
    In this moment i´m working with local avoidance ( it´s really difficult to implement ) but all will be ready soon.
    Sorry to everybody to wait so much.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54848710/PE20BETA/stress.html

3. c-Row

c-Row

It seems like some agents can't get up the slopes. In the picture below I clicked on top of the cube, and while some units were able to get all the way to the top others got stuck below.

pfb2.JPG

4. limdorn

limdorn

01.jpg Hi c-Row.
    I upload the web-demo again. Now it´s working : I correct the yOffset of agents position. :)
    Thanks for your comments.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    MoonbladeStudios and c-Row like this.
  5. limdorn

limdorn

6. Zelek

Zelek

The FPS is great, very efficient for 100 agents all using local avoidance. Two questions:

1) Is it possible to specify a larger avoidance radius, so that the agents don't overlap each other?
    2) Is there some way to keep the agents from shaking when they're crowding around a target but can't quite reach it?

Great work so far, I know local avoidance is a really difficult problem, which is why pretty much no pathfinding solutions have it implemented. If those two issues can be worked out, I think this will be a great asset for a lot of games!

7. limdorn

limdorn

Hi Zelek.
    1) Yes
    2) I´m working about it.
    Thanks for your comments :D

8. c-Row

c-Row

Hi limdorn,

still looking forward to an answer to these questions. :)

9. limdorn

limdorn

Sorry c-Row but ... what kind of project do you want to create? Real time , turns ... ?Could you explain me more details about it?

10. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Purchased! At work we've done in-house pathfinding solutions, but I was looking for something for a hobby project and found this. Snapped up in a moment. :)

11. BlaXun

BlaXun

This looks promising..however, I would only need it for 2D projects ;)
    Any comment on that? :)

12. limdorn

limdorn

Hi BlaXun. Hi everybody.
    First for all ... sorry because Pathfinding Engine has stopped long time ago. It was caused by a serious car crash and I needed time to feel myself better.
    Now I return to work and I redesigned all to be more efficient to version 2.0. I hope it will be ready all in several weeks.
    In this moment , 2D option is not implemented yet : it will be to 2.1 version.

13. BlaXun

BlaXun

Sounds good. Can't wait. Will continue watching this.

14. Dragick

Dragick

Wowsers! This looks really great! Very impressed with your latest web demo, love the red box to make all units find a final spot to hang out too.

There is a few things I need to know before I buy your product - when I ask it to find a path between two places, can I ask it how many steps it will take to get there? Can I do this in one call? Can I ask it how many steps to get to a bunch of tiles in the same Update loop? I'll be passing it one tile at a time.
    I'm making a turn based strategy game and I need to make sure when highlighting tiles a unit can move to that it only highlights tiles in range.
    My current code uses a different A* implementation that doesn't let me see this information :( I had to tell a unit which tile to move to and it would then take a few update calls to find a path, then just start along the path. I couldn't ask the unit what path it would take. Also meant a unit could pick a tile 3 points away but then take 8 moves to avoid obstacles to get there, ggrrrr.

I can see your version won't have the speed issue.
    -Richard

15. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

Is there an ETA on the 2.0 update? I'm looking into getting it, but I need the multilayer map support.

Everything is looking fantastic on that last demo by the way. And you can't beat the price either!

16. limdorn

limdorn

Hi SecondBake,
    in this moment i´m changing all code : I found a lot of bugs to implement huge maps with a lot of units in game play.
    In this moment my idea is to create a non-multi-layered map pathfinding system like "rimworld" or "prison arquitech".

17. micuccio

micuccio

Veeeery interesting tool!
    I will buy it today. Just two questions :
    1)is possible to read the quick start guide before? I would like to see if the interface/GUI is friendly enough
    2)does it require a lot of code? I ask it because I am not a skilled coder...

Thanks in advance for the answer :)

18. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Had a quick question/request for the 2d features of your project - would you make it possible to plug in our own "grid"/tiles of walkable areas, or I guess nodes might be the right term, so that we might be able to provide an array of bool values to the system that if certain values are true it is a walkable tile and if false it is a blocked tile.

This would be ideal for my project which has runtime changes to the 2d world (think similar to terraria) but has a large "grid" (possible to have levels with 65 thousand "tiles" currently).

Do you think that is something your system can/could do? Would the performance of your system be good on mobile under these conditions?

19. limdorn

limdorn

Hi
    Hi MD_Reptile,
    in this moment I´m updating "The Pathfinding Engine" to Unity5.
    Now , it´s not posible to use PE , on mobile, a huge/large grid. I´m working to be posible in the future.

20. terrynoya

terrynoya

HI,Limdorn,I want to know how to complete this situation: An agent is also a dynamic obstacle for other agent. In the game of Torchlight by Runic Games,An Agent can block other Agent and TorchLight seems doesn't use Local Avoidance, I guess They make agent a dynamic obstacle,when other agent collide,it repath.

21. limdorn

limdorn

Hi everybody,
    Soon Pathfinding Engine will be update to version 2.
    I wait your comments. :)

22. limdorn

limdorn

23. terrynoya

terrynoya

HI,Limdorn,I want to know how to complete this situation: An agent is also a dynamic obstacle for other agent. When Player is already surrounded by 10 agent,the 11th agent first test whether if player is reachable or not,how can I solve this problem? thank you!

24. limdorn

limdorn

Hi. terrynoya.
    I supose you are asking about a PE1.2 situation.
    Coming soon PE2 will be able on store to solve this and another problems.

25. terrynoya

terrynoya

OK,I will download and do the research on V2,Thank you very much