Search Unity

Pathfinding Engine v2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by limdorn, Mar 23, 2016.

1. limdorn

limdorn

Hi everybody,
    Pathfinding Engine v2 is already avaible:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/16801

Pathfinding Engine is a fast and easy-to-use flowfield pathfinding solution for Unity3D. It auto-generates navigational grids and support dynamic obstacles. Designed to be the best option for group based movement. The project is written in C# and all code is available.

Features include:
    - Easy to use.
    - FlowField Pathfinding.
    - HPA* searches.
    - Dynamic obstacles .
    - Compatible with Mecanim.
    - Compatible with Unity Terrain.
    - Local avoidance.

PRESENTATION:

BASIC TUTORIAL

mecanim.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    MikaelTroc and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. frekiidoochmanz

frekiidoochmanz

does it support 2d? or other axis? sorry, still nice if it doesnt, good work

3. CoderPro

CoderPro

I have a license of Pathfinding Engine v1.2, Could i using that license for v2 ?

4. Brity

Brity

it's a good idea to read what he said. "Soon Pathfinding Engine will be update to version 2."

5. limdorn

limdorn

Soon Pathfinding Engine will be update to version 2. :)

Brity likes this.
  6. limdorn

limdorn

In future versions I want to add 2d axis support.

7. HelloEarth

HelloEarth

where's the document?

8. limdorn

limdorn

If you speak about the manual exist a basic video tutorial.
    But what do you need to know?

9. byerdelen

byerdelen

Hi @limdorn ,

I am searching or a grid based pathfinding system that works well with lots of units for a long time. It seems your solution is quite advanced. However I would like to ask some simple questions to clear things out before purchasing :

- Is it automatic thread friendly?
    - I would like to place units according to the grid unit size directly. For example, if I target many units which is at 5,5 location, I want the units to go to 5,5 4,5 6,5 5,6 as an example. Not rushing to closest floating points of 5,5. So that the units stay in regular spacing and I can move units in a good look instead a bubble. Could I be doing that?
    - How is the update system working? Is it very dynamic like if a unit getting destroyed, are the moving unit locations updated automatically? And is there any huge impact on recalculation on pathfinding in such situations?

It would be wonderful if you would have a limited free version for us to buy it so we could try it out.

Thanks

10. vertigostudios

vertigostudios

Hi Guys, is the product still supported (regarding support related comments)

Basically what Im looking for is something that would work well for an RTS game style that Im working on. There's a few alternatives out there and Im really unsure whether this one will suit my needs.

Does it by any chance support moving a unit upto a object IE a wall and then taking cover.. this is the kind of system Im looking for.