Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Path to the final IPA file

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Wolar, Oct 2, 2019.

1. BillionEyes

BillionEyes

Yo i got an error that says,
    Error uploading '/BUILD_PATH/{i removed it lol for privacy}/.build/last/{Lets just say its "Bob"}/build.ipa'.
    *** Error: Unable to upload archive. The file '/BUILD_PATH/{I removed it for privacy reason}/.build/last/"Bob"/build.ipa' cannot be found. (-43)

I am having trouble and i keep getting this error, im using unity on windows btw. I have a post build bash script.
    Any tips please!!!!!

2. BillionEyes

BillionEyes

can i see ur post build script please

3. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

As mentioned in the last page, Unity now uses the target name for the executable so 'build.ipa' no longer works. Something like this should work ok though: https://forum.unity.com/threads/path-to-the-final-ipa-file.754331/page-2#post-8658531

SuperRaffles likes this.
  4. Benjamin-Gooding

Benjamin-Gooding

Unity Technologies

You should use the "UNITY_PLAYER_PATH" environment variable. I'd recommend surrounding the variable with quotes when called from your script as the path could potentially contain spaces.

SuperRaffles likes this.
  5. SuperRaffles

SuperRaffles

Sure, it's just this. You obviously need to setup the relevant environment variables in cloud build.

Code (CSharp):
    1. #!/bin/bash
    2. echo "Uploading IPA to Appstore Connect..."
    3. path="${UNITY_PLAYER_PATH}"
    4. if xcrun altool --upload-app --type ios -f $path -u $ITUNES_USERNAME -p $ITUNES_PASSWORD ; then
    5.     echo "Upload IPA to Appstore Connect finished with success"
    6. else
    7.     echo "Upload IPA to Appstore Connect failed"
    8. fi

6. EHOVarollo

EHOVarollo

I've been having issues with this bash script for a week, every time I ran it, it wouldn't pass authorization, even when I used the app specific password, in case anyone is still having trouble with this, I found out Apple Business Managed ID's won't work for this, you need an actual AppleID, not managed by an organization!

tonemcbride likes this.
  7. manuelgoellnitz

manuelgoellnitz

Does that script still work?
    I get the error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Error: Unable to upload archive. Failed to get authorization for username **** and password. (
    2. [error]     "Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=0 \"Status code: 0\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Status code: 0, NSLocalizedFailureReason=The auth server returned a bad status code.}"
    3. ) (-1011)
    4. {
    5.     NSLocalizedDescription = "Unable to upload archive.";
    6. [error]     NSLocalizedFailureReason = "Failed to get authorization for username **** and password. (\n    \"Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=0 \\\"Status code: 0\\\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Status code: 0, NSLocalizedFailureReason=The auth server returned a bad status code.}\"\n)";
    7. }
    The credentials are correct.

And I read that altool is deprecated.

8. manuelgoellnitz

manuelgoellnitz

I could fix my problem. I needed an application password.

9. diego_jadu

diego_jadu

I'm getting this weird error. The weirdier thing about it is that one out 3-4 builds actually uploads successfully. Exactly same script. Does any one have an idea how to fix that?

/BUILD_PATH/*****/./Tools/upload-ucb-ipa.sh: line 18: 9116 Segmentation fault: 11 xcrun altool --upload-app --type ios --file "$UNITY_PLAYER_PATH" --username $APP_STORE_USER --password $APP_STORE_PASS
    [error] [2024-03-15T01:21:29.424Z] - 7.3.36.2.7.4 - ERROR: User script exited with status 139. Aborting.
    [error] [2024-03-15T01:21:29.477Z] - 7.3.36.2.7.4 - ERROR: Build of 'ios-production' failed. unexpected token at ''