Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Path/Curve/Bezier Component?

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by tonycoculuzzi, Oct 21, 2020.

1. tonycoculuzzi

tonycoculuzzi

I remember seeing mention of a new built-in Path component, with bezier handles. It might have been in a 2020.2 feature preview video but I can't quite remember. I haven't seen any mention of it since though.

Is this still planned for 2020.2? Otherwise, is there any more information available on it? I love the idea of standardizing a Path component

DoctorShinobi likes this.
  2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

You are referring to the part of the last Unite Now Roadmap talk that starts at 22:28 timestamp:

Basically they didn't promise it would land on 2020, they've rather said in development means it's something they are developing currently that will be arriving in the 2020 series and beyond.

It's not there today and we are now probably way past new feature cutoff point for 2020 cycle. I wouldn't expect to see any bigger / this scale new functionality for it anymore on remaining betas and release.

3. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

Yea, I remember reading somewhere that it's coming in a 2021 version. Might have been the last QnA thread or in one of the past few blogposts about the future of Unity.

4. CDF

CDF

https://forum.unity.com/threads/the-road-to-2021-q-a.950158/page-2#post-6204306

I'm very much looking forward to a generic spline API.
    Hope that it makes its way into SpriteShape as well

rz_0lento likes this.
  5. MrPaparoz

MrPaparoz

That Editor on 13:54 though! I want it nooow!

6. tonycoculuzzi

tonycoculuzzi

Ah thanks all, I couldn't remember where I saw it! Looks like I remembered incorrectly about the dates too. Cheers! :D