Search Unity

Patch System for Mobile

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by redeev, Jun 26, 2019.

1. redeev

redeev

Hi, I've been trying for some time to create a differential patch system for Android and iOS but I can't find any material about it. I also purchased the only patch system for mobile available on the store but it does not work properly and I received no responses from the developer. Someone would be able to tell me where I could find material to study or who I could contact to get help even by paying. Thank you

Niroan likes this.
  2. palex-nx

palex-nx

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Yeah, asset bundles are going to be your only solution to differential patching in iOS and Android, since those are signed binaries and walled gardens.

Keep in mind Asset Bundles do NOT contain code. They may use and reference code obviously, but the version of the code they will run is the version already compiled into and signed in the iOS/Android binary, not necessarily the one present on your machine when you built the bundle.

I highly recommend using version control so you can track and know precisely what version of the code is "in the wild" and have confidence that your Asset Bundles will work.

redeev likes this.