Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Patch entry operation interrumpted sometimes

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by halvaren_nugadog, Mar 8, 2023.

1. halvaren_nugadog

halvaren_nugadog

Hi,

I've been working quite a lot with a tool that automatically uploads Addressables built AssetBundles and catalog to a Unity CCD bucket and, sometimes, when I'm patching an entry with an AssetBundle that is a little heavy, I get the next exception:

ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'MobileAuthenticatedStream'​

I assume that, somehow, an object that manages the connection with the bucket API is disposed, but I'm not doing anything different from the other times when the data uploading is done perfectly. In fact, when I get that error, I just restart the upload process and, most of the times, everything goes well. But this error is an inconvenience that I would like to fix. Any idea about how this might occur? Is it my fault or there is a problem with the Unity CCD API?

Thank you in advance!

2. halvaren_nugadog

halvaren_nugadog

That exception is not the only one that sometimes appear, it also throws sometimes a HttpRequestException telling that the socket connection has been interrumpted or lost. I made a workaround with a try-catch that retries the upload when any of those exceptions are thrown, and I hope that doesn't corrupt the uploaded content in any way.

Frankly, I would like a response from Unity team about this behavior. I'm still not sure if the reason for these exceptions is something I made wrong or is it a bug.

3. halvaren_nugadog

halvaren_nugadog

Curiously, while I was writing the last reply, I was uploading some content and I get a new exception, TaskCanceledException. I hope there will be no more.