Search Unity

Passing number Variables through custome Evvents

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by isc20703, Jul 8, 2020.

1. isc20703

isc20703

I want to pass the highest score achieved by each player playing as a custom event with the name of "HighScore" followed by the value. Is there an easy way to implement this, please?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I assume you already have the "highest score" for this user in a variable somewhere. Then this link should help, you can send anything you want in the dictionary https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Analytics.Analytics.CustomEvent.html . May I ask, what do you plan to do with this data? It won't be visible in the Dashboard per user. For the "highest score" parameter, you'll only see Sum and Average and Count, not likely what you are expecting. If you are looking for a leader-board by chance, this would not be a workable solution.

3. isc20703

isc20703

It would help me to see how difficult it is and if I make it easier or harder depending on the current average score. As of a leader board, what system do you suggest? The game will be available on the app store?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Understood, makes sense. I would not be able to make a specific recommendation for a leader board system, I haven't used one. Google is your friend!

isc20703 likes this.