Search Unity

[Particles] Timing and complex Particle animation

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Darkness-Seeker, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Darkness-Seeker

Darkness-Seeker

Good evening, everyone!

I have been a few weeks working on the Shuriken's Particle System within Unity, making a lot of stuff (like healing / save points, effects for scenery and a few more) But now I would like to begin to research for dynamic and more complex animations for my particles.

What I am looking for, are things like this:

I have seen people in the Asset store timing and making these animations using a lots of particle systems, scripts, delays inside the particle's configuration, and more. I have been trying to find tutorials and videos of this manner, but I have not find anything related to this.

Any initial direction for creating complex Particles Systems?
    PD: Sorry for my bad english, in case I couldn't explain myself.

2. bgolus

bgolus

The key is those aren't just particle systems. They have custom models, and shaders, and most importantly are driven by animations. You can select an object and open up the animation window and start animating just about anything inside Unity. Unfortunately it's a kind of labor intensive workflow though as Unity doesn't sync particle playback with the animation so the only way to really preview what you're doing is in play mode.

3. Torbach78

Torbach78

deconstructing assets on the store is a good way to learn; however many are not intended for mobile hardware limitations in the scope of an ambitious project. furthermore assets may be created in software packages outside of unity such as Photoshop, Maya/MAX Houdini or PopcornFX and can require sophisticated technical artist direction such as CGrgaphics shaders and post-process techniques

There is a VFX forum you can go to (english) that is brand new and caters to FX artists RealTimeVFX.com

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.