Search Unity

Particles still collide even outside the plane border in collision modules.

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Thanitsak, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Thanitsak

Thanitsak

I want to make bomb particles collide with green floor, but not collide with the pond inside the green floor. What should I do? Because right now the particles just stay on top of the pond just like the green floor even the plane isn't cover the pond, the planes just stay only on the green floor.

Here the photo:
    https://imgur.com/5clKNii

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Under Collision, you can control which layers the particle will collide with. You'll need to use World collisions for this, but note that you can put your Ground and Water on different layers (there's a Water layer by default...) and then configure your particles not to collide with Water:

upload_2018-3-13_10-9-6.png

Thanitsak likes this.
  3. Thanitsak

Thanitsak

Thank You very much for the reply, but could you please explain a little bit more about how to manage layers in the game because right now when I use world the particles just pass through the map.

4. dgoyette

dgoyette

What does the Collision module on your particle system look like? Paste a screenshot like the one I posted above?

Do you have Colliders on your game objects? The World collision approach will require colliders, such as a Box Collider or Mesh Collider.

Thanitsak likes this.
  5. Thanitsak

Thanitsak

Yes, my collision module look like yours, as you said I don't have box collider on my terrain, because I don't know that it need to, then I put several of them to around my pond and leave the pond without box collider. In the Collider module, I press collide with only terrain. Now It Work!!! You really help me out!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
    I really appreciate!