Search Unity

Question Particles popping in & out of existence based on camera proximity/orientation?

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by our_ta_martin, Dec 11, 2022.

1. our_ta_martin

our_ta_martin

I'm not sure how clearly visible it is, but the cloud particles I've made with the VFX graph seem to be popping in & out of existence. I think it might have to do with camera proximity - not sure.
    It's almost as if it can only render X amount of particles on-screen at the same time, which certainly seems wrong...
    Either way, I can't seem to find the fix for it. Would really appreciate som help.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  2. Qriva

Qriva

It's a bit hard to see, however I can see your graph spawns 2000 particles per second, they last for 40-60 seconds, but system capacity is only 200.

3. our_ta_martin

our_ta_martin

Will they override old particles? Otherwise, I don't think it should be any problem. It's mostly visible at the end of the clip.

4. Qriva

Qriva

Actually you are right, they will not. To be honest I am not sure what is that, but check these:
    1. Check if particles are inside bounds - I see they are huge, but maybe shifted in wrong way or something. I would try enabling "Automatic" to see if the problem is still there.
    2. Might be worth to check options of Output context like sorting priority and stuff
    3. Be sure camera far plane is far enough
    4. Check if disabling Camera Fade node changes anything
    5. Might be worth to change blending mode and see if there are any changes

Does it happen only when you move?

our_ta_martin likes this.
  5. our_ta_martin

our_ta_martin

It was the camera far plane! thanks for your help :)