Search Unity

Particles not working in the Pathtracing renderer?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by garywood, Jun 4, 2022.

1. garywood

garywood

I'm trying to use the pathtracer to render out some movie-quality cutscenes for my game (the ability to do that in the same program with all of the same effects, animations, etc has a massive appeal)

Particles don't seem to be showing up though. I've checked the documentation and there's no mention of this as a limitation. It seems like they're supposed to work, yet don't seem to.

To test this, just open the Particles System Shader Sample project listed here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...efinition@7.2/manual/HDRP-Sample-Content.html
    and just add the pathtracing volume override.......poof they disappear.

I'd really appreciate any help. Feels like I'm just missing something obvious and basic here without realising it. Custom made billboards with alpha-blending work just fine in pathtracer so it seems like particles should. Help???

2. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

Hi, we don’t support it at the moment. I’m investigating if it would be simple to do, but we aren’t prioritising work on the old particle system anymore so I don’t want to get your hopes up too much..