Search Unity

Particles in timeline going crazy ( speed up) on second time

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Suduckgames, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Hi guys I have two particles system that works perfectly on the first try, however when I try to play the timeline for second time it just go crazy

Normal
    BugUnityGood.gif

Bug

BugUnitywild.gif

Someone have an idea of what can cause this issue?

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Is that the same particle system? It looks like to two different ones. The second image definitely looks like something is wrong, but I can't tell how it is supposed relate to the first.

3. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Sorry as there is a maximum size of the GIF I was trying to reduce as much as I can. As you can see in both gifs the FOG is the same particle system as weel as the "smoke" (the second one have also 1 more system attached) bui they had increase their speed ( It is like they have the time speeded up).

The problem was that I had 2 timelines playing, the first one with wrap mode "hold" (and waiting in the last frame) that was desactivating the father gameobject. The second timeline ( that was playing) active the father and the particles effects.

I solve it changing the wrap mode of the first one to none and ajusting manually the "last frame" . However that is not the behaviour that I expected. If there is 2 timelines doing "whatever" to a gameobject. I expect the last one to take control of it. ( In any case, I don't expect to had increased the particle system speed)

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Well, glad that you solved it. As for the "last one to take control", AnimationTracks do work like the because the poses get 'stacked' in order of which one was started, but for anything else, it's quite arbitrary, and more akin to two scripts modifying the same object. That is to say, it generally leads to odd behaviour.

While there is an ordering of track execution within the timeline (top to bottom), there is no defined ordering of which timelines get run in what order.

Suduckgames likes this.