Search Unity

particles disappear after displaying for 10-15 seconds

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by rayD8, Apr 23, 2020.

1. rayD8

rayD8

I have an effect that I've created that works fine on a 6 year-old computer with a GeForce 660, but the effect is having issues on i5 and i7 laptops with nVida g-chips. In the editor, it will even display over in the scene view when it is not displaying in the game view.

It will just spontaneously stop working in the scene or game window, and then start working, blink out a few times, and usually eventually stops working.

It doesn't matter how close or far the camera is to the emitter.

Any ideas on what's happening?
    (working example) ChromaticQuasar.png

2. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi, my first instinct would be to check if the bounding box within the Initialize context is large enough / within view.

I know you mentioned that it didn't matter how close/far the camera is, but could you try setting some large numbers in it? You could for example have the bounding box not be near the effect itself (if the particles are in world position, for example, but the actual VFX game object itself is far).

Another thing to check would be if you are possibly spawning more particles than your system can handle. How many particles are you spawning, what's your system's capacity, and how long do they live for?

If none of these work, perhaps you can share the effect and we can try to take a look?