Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Particles and water not appearing on video. (Unity Recorder.)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by pineapuru, Sep 21, 2021.

1. pineapuru

pineapuru

Hey guys, how are you all?

I'm trying to record a 360 video on my project but somewhy the particles and the water shader I'm using are not appearing in the video, this is my setup below.

Also, the water shader I'm currently using is this one, if anyone's curious: Stylized Water 2 - Asset Store

I'm not sure why this is happening, but would love to know how to find a fix! ;)

2. antoinecharton

antoinecharton

Unity Technologies

Hi pineapuru,

It's a known issue. For now there is no workaround.

We are trying our best to fix it.

Thanks for the report. Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

[Edit]
    As a workaround you could try using the 2 sided option in the particle shader

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    pineapuru likes this.
  3. pineapuru

pineapuru

Making particles doubled-sided made them appear on the video, but they have weird cuts/edges on many parts of them. (Please ignore the dotted background).

I also noticed my water is appearing, but not correctly, it is appearing as if the Horizon color was dominating the entire plane, I made a little comparison if helps with anything.

If would help with anything, I can show the shader configurations so we can understand more of this issue. :)

4. michvaw90

michvaw90

I am having this issue too, it is for a shader that is meant to resemble liquid. On play it shows, but when I start using recorder for video it isn't there. I used two sided when I created the shader in shader graph

unity_R2O52m5BHcZ4_g likes this.