Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Particle Systems with Lights Bugged

Discussion in '2019.3 Alpha' started by Skitto, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Skitto

Skitto

Hello, I recently upgraded my project to Unity version 2019.3.0a5 and my HDRP packages to 6.7.1. I also added the VFX Graph 6.7.1 package to my project when updating.

Pretty much the reason for updating everything was that I wanted to work with the VFX Graph, and my outdated Unity and Pipeline wasn't playing nice with it.

Everything works fine, until I noticed that any Particle System that has a light enabled will cause a gray screen and immense lag if on screen. (VFX Graphs have had no problems, just the older Shuriken particle systems) I've had to disable all of the lights on my particle systems, which is not ideal. Any ideas on what's causing this?

2. Skitto

Skitto

Okay, found out that whenever the bug happens, this error is thrown:

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.LightLoop.PrepareLightsForGPU (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDCamera hdCamera, UnityEngine.Rendering.CullingResults cullResults, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDProbeCullingResults hdProbeCullingResults, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.DensityVolumeList densityVolumes, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.DebugDisplaySettings debugDisplaySettings, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.AOVRequestData aovRequest) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.7.1-preview/Runtime/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs:1809)
    3. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.ExecuteRenderRequest (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline+RenderRequest renderRequest, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.AOVRequestData aovRequest) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.7.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1603)
    4. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.7.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1449)
    5. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipeline.cs:72)
    6. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras, System.IntPtr loopPtr, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineManager.cs:67)
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

3. JustLoren

JustLoren

This is related to issue #1059208 in the issue tracker. It was supposedly fixed, but it's back now.